Sublime Forum

NoPreviewPlease

Description

This packages attempts to remove the “preview on click” for files on sidebar which seems to be really frustrating when attempting to use Sublime for real work.

The feature may be useful on some circumstances but lacks of a cool behaviour or implementation and most of the time is just frustrating for me.

***** IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE THIS FUNCTIONALITY VIA SUBLIME TEXT, PLEASE POST HERE TO EXPRESS YOU WANT THAT OPTION! OK? *****
github.com/SublimeText/NoPreview

0 Likes

BUG?: reopen command steals focus and creates a new tab
on_load induced by preview in goto anything

The other frustrating thing is the “auto-focus on sidebar” when swithincng tab, but I dont have idea on how to disable that thing.

0 Likes

I like this feature but I find it really annoying when I click in binary files like images then sublime freezes until the content is loaded

0 Likes

+1 for a “enable/disable file preview” option on Global settings.
Also check the binary files would be awesome, open a binary file in a text editor does not make much sense…
Display a warning message is a better solution, something like “The file appears to be a Binary file, open anyway?”

0 Likes

Thanks for this tito. I have been working to figure out how to detect preview reliably, I didn’t realize that that the preview file_name wasn’t found in the views returned by window.views(). It appears this is only the case on the first activation though (so preview is only detectable on the first raised event), but it is useful enough that I can at least identify a preview and then I can timeout. It doesn’t completely solve my issue of running code on a preview window during the “Go To Anything” panel, but I can at least identify the preview and delay the code to minimize the annoyance.

**Edit: ** It looks like it does work fine after subsequent activations (or at least in the context I am using it), either way, thanks again. I personally don’t mind the previews, but I found how you determined a preview very useful.

0 Likes

Can I disable preview for binary files only, like images?

0 Likes

I would definitely be in for this. At the least an on/off config value, at best an array of extensions to disable it for

0 Likes

Thanks. I’ve been wanting something like this.

Ideally, I’d like it to work like this:

• CTRL+0 (or better yet CTRL+TAB to jump back and forth) to focus on sidebar.
  • When navigating through with the keyboard, don’t show any preview.
  • When clicking with your mouse, then preview the file, or simply open in a tab.
  • Never show contents of binary files.
0 Likes

I think a ‘disable_preview_for_binary_files’ option would be perfect for my use

0 Likes

+1 - I actually love this feature of ST2, but I do agree about the binary stuff - should really be a default option but happy if a plugin supported this option only

0 Likes

Preview tabs has “None” as file name. There is no way to disable preview of binary files only.

I hope jon *soemeday *allow to remove the preview functionality and also make honor to the binary_file_patterns settings.

0 Likes