Sublime Forum

Now we're commercial?

Wow, when did “Jon Skinner” disappear from the About screen? Just noticed it… :astonished:

0 Likes

Well, not sure when it happened, but if happened recently I guess it means he’s generating enough cashflow to get the ball rolling and start setting up the company and hiring an accountant to handle things.

Not sure if this was there before, but there’s also a EULA here: sublimetext.com/eula (nothing fancy though).

Let’s just hope we are getting close to an actual 1.0 release so he can get some real cash flowing, Not that it would make a difference for us, the users, as the updates are already extremely fast and bugs are usually squashed within days. But it would be nice for Jon to be able to make this into his day job.

0 Likes

I was discussing this with a co-worker the other day. Commercial or industrial level software is often huge, bad, slow to update and can cost thousands of dollars. We just purchased [unnamed software] from a [unnamed company] and it cost us $10,000 for a single user license and it’s terrible. I’m writing all the code for it in Sublime Text 2.

Anyways, point being – it’s insane how cheap web dev software is and how awesome the community is compared to industrial level software that’s often buggy but so specialized they can charge a ton for it.

0 Likes