Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2166

I’m seeing quite a bit of graphical corruption right below the tab bar on Linux x64 (Fedora Core 16). It is like an area the height of the tab bar, but right below it, is only occasionally redrawn. I did a reset to ensure it wasn’t an extension causing it.

0 Likes

The rendering logic likely isn’t accounting for the menu correctly under GTK (I’ve only tested on ubuntu, with menus-on-top). I’ll remove the update notifications for Linux and Windows for the moment.

0 Likes

2167 is out now, addressing the issue.

0 Likes

2167 looks great, thanks for the quick fix!

0 Likes

Does this mean that italics can be selectively turned off in grammars?
(ie, I want to have all coments italicized, but annotations in comments are not italicized)

0 Likes

Does this mean that italics can be selectively turned off in grammars?

He’s a tease isn’t he :smile:

0 Likes

hi

new rendering text is just not readable on mac os X Laptop / Screen, too thin, or I m getting too old. back to 2165

Stéphane

0 Likes

sbusso: there should be no visible differences. It’d be great if you could provide screenshots of 2166 vs earlier, as well as details of your system.

0 Likes

[quote=“ajpalkovic”]Does this mean that italics can be selectively turned off in grammars?
(ie, I want to have all coments italicized, but annotations in comments are not italicized)[/quote]

no_bold and no_italic just provide global control for turning off bold or italic rendering. For fine grained control, you’ll need to edit the .tmTheme file (and possibly the .tmLanguage if the assigned scopes aren’t flexible enough)

0 Likes

Hi the build 2167 on mac os x lion broke my theme. custom theme looks like this -

And when switched to mac classic theme, it looks like this -

0 Likes

Can you give details about your system?

0 Likes

I am having similar issues with thin text, not in the main text editing area but in the Go To Anything panel.

I’m on Mac Lion & the Soda Light theme…

Check this out:

Edit: in fact, I am getting on other colour schemes too. See below:

0 Likes

intel macbook with 3gb ram.
The issue is not clearly visible with dark theme. Look at the bottom search box in screenshot below.

0 Likes

https://img.skitch.com/20120118-bd5cttp9c9uh141ht37wssghf2.png

Same issue here in 2166 on a Mac using Solarized (Light) color scheme and DejaVu Sans Mono font face.

But it seems to happen with all fonts and themes.

0 Likes

Just thought that I’d throw in the fact that on Windows 7 64bit, no problems :smile:

0 Likes

I have a rendering issue when selecting a text block and run ‘Split into Lines’ (ctrl+shift+L) after:

"font_face": "DejaVu Sans Mono", "font_size": 11,
startup, version: 2167 windows x64 channel: dev

0 Likes

For those OS X users experiencing issues, can you give this build a go (it has to be downloaded manually, and isn’t yet available via auto update), and let me know if it’s fixed. It’d also be helpful if you could check the console for the “using gamma” line and report the two numbers listed there.

0 Likes

Working fine for me now. Thanks for the super quick response.

the console shows
using gamma: 1 (err: 0)

0 Likes

The new build has fixed the issue. Thanks :smile:

0 Likes

I didn’t check the previous build and didn’t see the problems, but with this special build everything looks fine (using gamma: 1 (err: 0)).

0 Likes