Sublime Forum

20080327 Beta

New beta is out, but be careful - all your file type options (including Default.sublime-options) will be overwritten. I’ve changed the way the options are setup now, so there will be less having your settings overwritten when upgrading in the future:

• Default.sublime-options is now Default File Type.sublime-options
  • There’s a new file User File Type.sublime-options, which overrides Default File Type, and won’t be modified in future versions: your settings will be safe there.
  • I’ve cleared out the majority of the settings from each individual file type options, meaning more things can be set globally just by editing the user file type.

There was method behind the madness of the old method - it was done with the assumption that changes would be merged in when upgrading, but it turned out that part caused more problems that it solved.

Bracket matching is in the new beta too, and a few settings to control it. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+M to select between the brackets, and Ctrl+M to move between the brackets. By design, it only recognises parenthesis, and not square brackets nor braces. They were included in the early builds, but I found it too distracting, and more of a hindrance than a help.

Finally, --opengl really does work in this version, and the mouse selection issues with drawCentered have been fixed.

0 Likes

Impressive development speed.

I have some suggestions for bracket highlighting/matching: Bracket matching suggestions

0 Likes

i’ve installed beta over previous installation and it seems my macroses and bindings are disappeared. :open_mouth:
I wrote some macroses like single quotes support (for php) and line swapping up and down (alt+up/down binding like in Eclipse). :frowning:

0 Likes

Were the macro files actually deleted, or just the key bindings for them?

The macros themselves should definitely not have been deleted, but any changes to Default.sublime-keymap are nuked when upgrading, if Default.sublime-keymap has been changed in the new version. This isn’t great at all, and will be fixed at some point in the future.

For the moment, your best bet is to put new key bindings in a (new) file called Default.sublime-keymap in the Packages/User directory (generally C:\Documents and Settings<username>\Application Data\Sublime Text\Packages\User). These bindings will be mered in to the active set of key bindings, and will be preserved when upgrading to newer versions.

0 Likes

FYI, on Vista, it’s generally C:\Users<username>\Application Data\Roaming\Sublime Text\Packages\User

[quote=“sublimator”]Jon, eventually once packages start to proliferate and they come with Default.sublime-keymap files, is there going to be some sort of warning when keys are binded more than once?
Will contexts solve that mostly?[/quote]

I wouldn’t expect contexts to solve that, no. I’m sure at some point I’ll start showing warnings, or menus to choose between the actions multiply bound key sequences.

0 Likes