Sublime Forum

Endless Beach Ball

I can’t pin down what change caused this, but I recently switched to ZSH on OSX. Shouldn’t matter, I don’t think, but I’ve included it in case it’s relevant.

All of a sudden, when I start ST2, after a couple of minutes I get a beach ball. Sometimes it’s intermittent for the first few minutes, but it always eventually becomes permanent and I have to force close. ST2 is completely unusable.

I haven’t tried a reinstall yet, because I’m hoping to get some advice here as to how deeply I should try to scrub it before reinstalling.

Thanks in advance,

dc

0 Likes

Can you let me know if the current dev build fixes this issue for you? - sublimetext.com/dev

0 Likes

That appears to have worked! Been up and editing for a few hours now.

Thanks, and what do you think was the bug that was causing the problem?

dc

0 Likes

Extremely large folder trees added to the side bar were causing performance issues in previous versions, especially on OS X

0 Likes

Well thank you very much for pointing me to a fix. Really helped me out. And sorry for taking this long to thank you.

0 Likes

I’ve recently started experiencing this issue with the latest build (Feb 2016).

It’s a really terrible design to block the entire UI when doing something as trivial as refreshing a list of folders. Can’t you do this in the background without blocking the UI? I had to wait over 10 minutes for the application to become usable because of this poor design.

0 Likes

More steps to reproduce the behavior and less complaining about implementation :^)

0 Likes