Sublime Forum

Unicode Reading

Hello there I am a happy owner of this awesome editor but i ran into a weird error…

I am starting to work with excel xml files (created with excel 2007 by exporting to xml worksheet 2003) for localization of some language file for a game

Everything works fine and the coloring is great but, I started inserting certain characters such as japanese text and chinese text then when i open the file on sublime i just get little squares instead of the unicode text
I tried open with encoding as utf 8 and utf 16le and be but i still get little squares!

Please Help.

Thanks

Ivan

My Machine
Windows 7 Ultimate Installed with support for some asian (CHI traditional,JAP,KOR ) and a few european languages.
This machine’s main language is English

0 Likes

Hi Ivan,

Sublime Text isn’t able to correctly render fonts in CJK languages: in my experience, it renders the characters, but the spacing between them is incorrect.

Little squares are generally a separate issue: that’s indicative of the current font not having a glyph for the given character. Changing the font that Sublime is rendering with may fix this issue, but then you’ll hit the one above.

0 Likes