Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Endless Beach Ball

Endless Beach Ball

Postby dhc02 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:49 pm

I can't pin down what change caused this, but I recently switched to ZSH on OSX. Shouldn't matter, I don't think, but I've included it in case it's relevant.

All of a sudden, when I start ST2, after a couple of minutes I get a beach ball. Sometimes it's intermittent for the first few minutes, but it always eventually becomes permanent and I have to force close. ST2 is completely unusable.

I haven't tried a reinstall yet, because I'm hoping to get some advice here as to how deeply I should try to scrub it before reinstalling.

Thanks in advance,

dc
dhc02

Re: Endless Beach Ball

Postby jps on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Can you let me know if the current dev build fixes this issue for you? - http://www.sublimetext.com/dev
jps
Site Admin

Postby dhc02 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:42 pm

jps wrote:Can you let me know if the current dev build fixes this issue for you? - http://www.sublimetext.com/dev

That appears to have worked! Been up and editing for a few hours now.

Thanks, and what do you think was the bug that was causing the problem?

dc
dhc02

Postby jps on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 am

Extremely large folder trees added to the side bar were causing performance issues in previous versions, especially on OS X
jps
Site Admin

Postby dhc02 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:24 pm

jps wrote:Extremely large folder trees added to the side bar were causing performance issues in previous versions, especially on OS X

Well thank you very much for pointing me to a fix. Really helped me out. And sorry for taking this long to thank you.
dhc02

Return to Technical Support