"motion": "move",
		"motion_args": {"by": "lines", "times":10,"forward": true, "extend":true }},
		"inclusive": true ,
		"context": {"key": "setting.command_mode"}]
	}

Selection receives a argument of amount:
move
move mode amount [extend]
mode One of characters, words, wordends, wordboundaries, lines, wholelines or pages
amount The number of mode elements to move the cursor by
extend If this has the literal value ā€œextendā€, the selection will be extended in the direction of movement
Moves each cursor, by the given mode, amount number of times.

Im trying to create a key binding that moves the cursor 10 times faster than regular movement.

I hope I can found how to make this. Is the only thing that is forcing me to use VIM.

Any help will be awesome

Thank you so much!

0 Likes

Someone knows how to move the cursor 10 lines up or down? It seems to be a pretty easy task for a text editor :stuck_out_tongue:

I canā€™t find this in the docs or here.

0 Likes

The move command doesnā€™t accept a times parameter. Youā€™ll need to make a plugin command that manually calls move 10 times.

0 Likes

Thank you so much for the answer mr. jps,

I look forward for that feature to be included

Your editor is the best.

Best Regards

0 Likes

BTW if you move forward/backward several times by char in several long lines (with a plugin), youā€™ll see an undesirable horizontal scroll movement (some kind of flicker, but smoother).

I think the ā€œrepeat/timesā€ parameter is necessary (because there are commands that could avoid scrolling if the command with ā€œrepeatā€ doesnā€™t require it).

0 Likes

Yeah I did see this, you are right.

Iā€™m facing problems in vintage mode too. Like:

-When you hit shift+V (visual line mode) and go up and down with k or j, Sublime do not select entire lineā€¦ he is acting as regular visual mode.

-Auto-complete starts working with the first letter. If you are using another bind to escape Insert mode (like jj or ij) it gonna be a little difficult to escape from insert mode.

-MacVim and others bind regular OS movements to the VIM. Like CMD+L: Go to the last letterā€¦ etc.

• Its pretty difficult to see the match tag. Its too sutil. And we continue to have the cursor problemā€¦ VIM have quick movements, its too easy to lost where are the cursor.

I did notice some other problemsā€¦ I still think that Sublime is the one that gonna substitute the VIM :smile: But is not ready yet.

Best Regards

0 Likes

One of that problems:
-Lets indent this codeā€¦
-Select the block, hit = and ā€¦
-The entire block go to a flat indentation.

There are a huge list of problems. But We have a great dev working on the product. Iā€™m certain that all this will be fixed soon! :smiley:

Bests

0 Likes