Sublime Forum

How to change the color of brace highlight?

Just installed sublime, and it’s intriguing!

However my first problem is the brace matching highlight is too hard for me to see. It’s a dark brown underline on a dark background. (I LIKE dark background, but dark on dark is a little hard to see). I’m used to another editor which inverts the color of the matching braces making it very easy to see.

Can I at least change the color of that underline? thanks

0 Likes

The colour used for bracket highlighting is calculated automatically by blending between the caret colour and the background colour - it’s not currently configurable, unfortunately.

0 Likes

I have 20/100 vision so when I say “a little hard to see” I mean “may as well not be there as a visual indicator” :smile:

Is the search highlight also automatically calculated? Please don’t do that. Make it explicitly configurable.

Please make the caret blink-able or “turned into a block”-able.

I generally dislike theming. I don’t want my productivity apps to look like winamp. I deleted the theme folder to see how it’d handle it. It did by making half the GUI disappear. Is there a no-theme theme?

Yes, I know, I want you to change half of what you love about the GUI. Please remember people with bad eyes code too :smile:

On a positive note, the overview map IS sublime.

0 Likes