Sublime Forum

Show modified files in sidebar

Help! Modified (dirty) files are indicated in the tabs, but are not indicated in the sidebar. I see a dot in the tabs I’ve changed, but I see no indication in the sidebar. Using the dev build 2162, btw. Maybe this has something to do with it?

I searched this forum, but I’m not sure if this is expected behaviour.
If it is not: how can I fix it? (Using the new standard theme, highlight_modified_tabs=true).
If it is: is there any way (package, custom tweak?) to add this functionality at the moment?

Many thanks!

0 Likes

You need to enable View/Side Bar/Show Open Files

0 Likes

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your quick reply (and for the amazing editor). It worked! I just didn’t know what I was looking for, thanks for your clarification.
Personally, I’d prefer the dirty-indicator to just be in the general folder list (instead of in a separate Open Files list), since that’s what I’m used to working with Coda and other editors. Perhaps this could be a feature request, perhaps it’s just a personal thing.

Many thansk for your assistance! Kind regards.

0 Likes

Jon,

My sidebar has lost the dirty files notifications as well - I’m running 2165 Beta, I have the Show Open Files selected, as well as showing the Folder, neither give indications.

It used to be before this last update (or the update before, I can’t remember) that it would place a bullet beside the files. This behavior now seems to be gone and I can’t find a setting anywhere to enable it.
This is borderline on preventing me from using Sublime Text properly as I’m working with a rather large file list, and not being able to tell right away which files I’ve made modifications on is slowing me down drastically.

If anyone knows how to fix these I would appreciate any assistance, as this is really starting to get troublesome.

Thanks,
Mike

0 Likes

Mordof: It sounds like you’re using an out of date version of Soda. If that’s the case and updating it doesn’t help, then sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html will

0 Likes

I appear to have a weird problem with dirty indicators. I’ve tested this on Soda and the default theme with the same effect. Basically, if I have ‘highlight_modified_tabs’ set to true, and 'highlight_modified_tabs also true, I get close buttons that turn into dirty indicators when the buffer is dirty. That’s fine, but if I have ‘highlight_modified_tabs’ set to false (I don’t need them cluttering up my tab bar) I lose dirty indicators n the tab bar (still get them in the sidebar, not that I care as I don’t keep the sidebar open). For now I’ve just turned close buttons on, but I’d rather have no close buttons but still dirty indicators when they’re required. I want to say it used to work this way, and changed recently (last two months anyway).

Is this a bug or by design? If by design, any chance of a setting?

Also I haven’t done a revert, but I have tested without Soda theme, I thought I’d ask before I bother with the hassle of a revert.

0 Likes

I have same issue and still not resolved.
Actually what I wanted to do is Highlight dirty files on side bar and especially focus on what was not been committed by git yet.
there’s no idea??

0 Likes