Sublime Forum

VB Script Extension

Hello

Currently the assigned a VBScript project to me. What a misfortune.

I couldn’t find any ready extension, but I found two TextMate Bundles:

svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/ASP.tmbundle/
svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/A … .tmbundle/

I have no idea of how I can convert them to Sublime.

I need anything simple, just to highlight reserved keywords, strings and comments.

Anyone can help me please?

thanks in advance.

0 Likes

The general procedure is to take the TextMate syntax highlighting files (i.e., whatever is in the Syntaxes subdirectories of the links you posted), ensure they have a .tmLanguage extension (just renaming from .plist if required), and place them in a subdirectory under Packges/ in Sublime. You’ll have to restart Sublime Text.

That should be all that’s required for syntax highlighting - I’d also recommend using the latest beta, that handles some quirky .tmLanguage files better than 1.2 does.

0 Likes

Hi Skinner!

I tried doing that for the first link I posted (looks more appropriate for me). I’m with the 1.2 version

I created a ASP.tmLanguage and HTMLASP.tmLanguage and I copied the .plist files content. I create those files under Documents And Settings/My User/Application Data/Sublime Text/Packages/ASP/

But something went wrong. When the program start rendering the window it gives an error and quits. I already undid these things but still crashing…

Tomorrow I’m trying harder…

thanks in advance!!!

0 Likes

I’ve tested those files with the 20090909 beta and they’re working fine here - perhaps you can email me the error message if they’re not working for you in 20090909.

0 Likes

Oh Yes! It worked!

just made that with latest beta

thank you very much!

0 Likes