Sublime Forum

Gradually increasing CPU usage with CIFS mounted share

I have a few networked servers with which I connect via a Samba share using CIFS on 32 bit Ubuntu 11.04. I am currently using a registered copy of ST2 build 2165.

I started noticing recently that Sublime would start to chew up my whole CPU and after some experimenting, it seems that it will only happen when I add the web root of one particular server to my project. If I just open one of the files in this path, everything is fine; it’s only if I add the locally mounted share to the project that the CPU usage will slowly rise until after about two minutes it’s using 100% of the processor.

I have wiped my ~/.config/sublime-text-2 and have no plugins installed.

Any ideas what may be causing this to happen?

0 Likes

Bump?

0 Likes

Can you give the current dev build a go? sublimetext.com/dev

0 Likes

Much better!

Thanks for the support, and the great editor!

0 Likes

So, it looks like Sublime is still idling at around 6%. This is fine, but I’m guessing it is because the folder which I have added is a live web server directory with active cache folders, so Sublime is constantly seeing filesystem updates. I realize how silly it is to be working on a live site, but go yell at my employer :smile:

I think it would be handy if there was a setting that could instruct Sublime to only process changes to directories in which I have open files or something along those lines.

Regardless, this is fine and I’m quite happy!

0 Likes

You can also use folder_exclude_patterns to ignore the cache directories

0 Likes