Sublime Forum

New plugin: SublimeGDB

A plugin that integrates the GNU Debugger with Sublime Text 2.
github.com/quarnster/SublimeGDB

0 Likes

I donā€™t do C programming, but I wanted to +1 for what looks like a really nice clean plugin that I can dive in to to learn about outputting to different view areas - Iā€™d like to do to the same with my NodeJS plugin for ST2, so hopefully I can use some of your code to base the improvement off.

0 Likes

Looks awesome!

If anybody could do the same for the PHP xdebug sigh :smile:

0 Likes

Awesome work! Now hereā€™s to hoping someone will fork this to work with DBGp :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œhighendā€]Looks awesome!

If anybody could do the same for the PHP xdebug sigh :smile:[/quote]

Here is an implementation of an xdebug plugin for VIM and is written in python :smile: maybe someone could integrate it (Iā€™m not good with python though)

vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1929

I would love to debug PHP in Sublime Text.

0 Likes

Hi,

XDebug seems to be compatible with GDBP clients: xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php
However I did not manage to make it work with SublimeGDB. This is a bit new for me, so I wanted to know if you see an obvious compatibility issue before I start to dig furtherā€¦

Do you think both tools may be compatible in their current states?

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œreal34ā€]Hi,

XDebug seems to be compatible with GDBP clients: xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php
However I did not manage to make it work with SublimeGDB. This is a bit new for me, so I wanted to know if you see an obvious compatibility issue before I start to dig furtherā€¦

Do you think both tools may be compatible in their current states?[/quote]

xDebug is compatible with DBGp, not GDB. GDBP does not exist.

0 Likes

If anyone make xdebug work with sublime, can please post the solution? Iā€™m also interested in this (and i bet there are many others!)

thanks!

0 Likes

I second this request!

0 Likes

Can you do remote debugging of a Linux machine from a Windows machine with this plugin?

0 Likes

As long as you put the GDB binary in mi interpreter mode so that it understands what GDB is telling it you can do anything you want. Iā€™m remotely debugging Android from an OS X host as an example.

0 Likes

Thanks for this plugin!

How can I hide the debugger views after finishing a debugging session? Now they are there permanently.

0 Likes

Menu item View->Layout->Single. Or ctrl+alt+1/cmd+alt+1.

0 Likes

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi,

My build system outputs different executables depending if iā€™m on Mac or Windows so:-

Mac

"sublimegdb_commandline": "gdb --interpreter=mi ./test/build/Debug/game.app/Contents/MacOS/game"

Windows

"sublimegdb_commandline": "gdb --interpreter=mi ./test/build/Debug/game.exe"

The questions is how can I set these depending on the platform, I have tried wrapping platform checks such as the following but it doesnt seem to work?

"osx": 
{
      sublimegdb_.....
},

"windows":
{
      sublimegdb_.....
}

Any help much appreciated

Thanks.

0 Likes

Why not have the settings nested under a JSON object in the settings?
So instead of { "settings": { "sublimegdb_workingdir": "${folder:${project_path:your_executable_name}}", "sublimegdb_commandline": "gdb --interpreter=mi ./your_executable_name" } } it could be { "settings": { "sublimegdb": { "workingdir": "${folder:${project_path:your_executable_name}}", "commandline": "gdb --interpreter=mi ./your_executable_name" } } }
Just thinking out loud for organization sake.

0 Likes

Thanks but the path will be completely different on OSX vs Windows

as in OSX will be

game.app/Contents/MacOS/game

vs

game.exe

Unless iā€™m not understanding?

I want to have a consistent project settings without having to set the path all the time to the executable?

Thanks

0 Likes

Yeah nesting also doesnā€™t seem to work on build 2218. :frowning:

{ "settings": { "sublimegdb": { "workingdir": "${folder:${project_path:your_executable_name}}", "commandline": "gdb --interpreter=mi ./your_executable_name" } } }

0 Likes

My comment above was only a suggestion for the developer, not as a yet-available user option.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œcaptainspankā€]Hi,

My build system outputs different executables depending if iā€™m on Mac or Windows so:-

The questions is how can I set these depending on the platform, I have tried wrapping platform checks such as the following but it doesnt seem to work?[/quote]

I think you can have platform user settings file overriding user one.
Maybe try overriding these settings for Mac in /User/Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings ?

If that wonā€™t work then another suggestion is to put these setting in the project file. This will work because Iā€™m using it like this.

0 Likes