Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

FileDiff plugin, and an etiquette question.

Re: FileDiff plugin, and an etiquette question.

Postby highend on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:22 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote:I've got a plugin but it uses helper libs ported from ST1 that aren't cross platform, not to mention that Sublime doesn't have site-packages support. I plan on sharing it when I got the time to deal with those issues ...

+ 100^^ And if you can, please include the hidden ones (to find conflicting ones that we can eliminate).

I love ST 2 more and more each day but managing keybindings causes me headaches :lol:

Regards,
Highend
highend

Postby sublimator on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am

define:hidden

What I understood as `hidden` was the bindings/commands on OSX (possibly linux?) that are inherited from the system.

The plugin basically just shows all the bindings that are declared in JSON so it may already do what you want. It's definitely handy for finding conflicts.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby jps on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 am

There are no hidden bindings, except for a couple of hard coded things such as escape cancelling a drag in progress.

On OS X, there are is a concept of Cocoa sending down higher level commands such as "moveToBeginningOfLine", which have system defaults (http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/Site/S ... dings.html), and can be customised by the user for all applications via editing DefaultKeyBinding.dict.

On all systems, IMEs can reserve certain key bindings that shouldn't be overridden, such as Ctrl+Alt+<x> on Windows (see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/arc ... 01121.aspx).

Because of the above, it's not always possible to query 'if the user presses key combination X, what's going to happen?'.
jps
Site Admin

Postby bizoo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:42 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote:define:hidden

What I understood as `hidden` was the bindings/commands on OSX (possibly linux?) that are inherited from the system.

The plugin basically just shows all the bindings that are declared in JSON so it may already do what you want. It's definitely handy for finding conflicts.

Hidden is probably not the right term, maybe overriden ?
I mean keybindings that are defined more than one times, so the lower priority one is never triggered.

So it look your plugin already have this feature, very nice.
I'm more and more anxious to see it in action :D
bizoo

Postby highend on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 am

Hidden is probably not the right term, maybe overriden ?
I mean keybindings that are defined more than one times, so the lower priority one is never triggered.

Yes, this is a better definition of what I meant. Or it other words: All keybindings from ST 2 itself and from all plugins regardless if they try to overwrite existing ones (either from other plugins or ST 2).

I would (literally) die for such a plugin :D
highend

Postby natebeaty on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:56 am

Just a note that I really appreciate your FileDiffs plugin. Was one thing I missed from TM. Also a vote for this method of just having an Example.sublime-keymap, it worked great.
natebeaty

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements