Sublime Forum

Project Setup Question

I’m trying to use projects and so far I can create a project and add folders to it. When I close and reopen the project the sidebar contain the folders listed. My question is is there a way to add single files to a project.

For example I might have a css folder with 10 css files in it but only 1 is part of the project I’m working on. I’d like to have that one file listed as part of the project and not the whole folder. Is that possible?

My goal is to have only the files related to my “project” automatically open when I open the project.

Thanks,

0 Likes

It would be better to just use ln or mklink on windows.

0 Likes

I’m a mac user, but thank you for the suggestion.

If projects just can’t do single files and only do folders thats fine, I just can’t find out either way.

0 Likes

Yeah, you can remove the folder from the project, but then just drag into the sidebar the specific files you want to be included.
HTH,

0 Likes

[quote=“natecavanaugh”]Yeah, you can remove the folder from the project, but then just drag into the sidebar the specific files you want to be included.
HTH,[/quote]

I figured out what your suggesting and that worked. The problem I was having is I’d quit ST2 and the open files would not be there the next time I opened the project. I just found if you use the “Close Project” command then it will remember the files you had open next time you open the project.

0 Likes