Sublime Forum

Vintage questions

Hi,

I’m trying to get used to vi(m) shortcuts atm. So I removed Vintage from the disabled plugins and installed VintageEx.

3 questions after the first few hours:
1.)

if (!entry.used && equivalent(entry.key(), qk.key) && (curcontext & entry.curcontext))

If I position the cursor on the first character of equivalent and press ‘c%’, ST 2 removes everything
till the end of the line:

if (!entry.used && 

While with gVim (Windows) it removes only the part up to the next closing round bracket:

if (!entry.used &&  && (curcontext & entry.curcontext))

Is there any way to get the same behavior with ST 2?

2.) When I position the cursor on e.g. a variable name: $myvariable and I press ‘*’ to search for the next occurence of this variable name it’ll only find those with word boundaries. The search term is: \b$myvariable\b

I’d like to let Vintage use the term without the \b operators. Can I change this behavior somewhere?

3.) I want to override some of the windows shortcuts for Vintage. There is a setting for this: “vintage_ctrl_keys”: true
I’ve added this option to my .Packages\User\Global.sublime-settings file and restarted ST 2 but they are still disabled.
Where do I have to place this option instead?

Tia,
Highend

0 Likes

For 1, the sequence ‘ct&’ should work. I’m not familiar with ‘c%’.

0 Likes

Nice, didn’t know this command up to now :smile: Thanks, issue nr. 1 is solved.

Regards,
Highend

0 Likes

If you didn’t look it up already, t is used to go to the next occurrence of a character, and T goes to the previous occurrence. It’s one of my most used motions. :smile:

Regarding ‘c%’ though, I think Sublime is in the right – at least with :s, % means the whole file after the cursor, so ‘c%’ might be interpreted as ‘change all after current point to EOF’ . Can anyone confirm?

0 Likes

I did :smiley: I found a good cheat sheet afterwards. Have to print it to A3 I think…

I can’t. c% should go up to the next closed bracket (that’s what it’s doing in vim) but in ST 2 it seems to ignore the nested brackets in a larger bracket context (don’t know if it can be called a scope).

0 Likes

Ah, forgot about bracket matching. I typically only use it when the cursor is beside an open/close bracket to jump to the corresponding close/open bracket. I didn’t realize it was also available within brackets.

0 Likes