Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Soda Theme - New Sublime Text 2 UI theme

Re: Soda Theme - New Sublime Text 2 UI theme

Postby jps on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 am

buymeasoda wrote:The outstanding items I've tried (but failed) to customise are:

• Gutter: Bookmark icon
  • Gutter: Mark icon
  • Editor: Folded code [...] indicator

If I add them to my themes folder they don''t seem to get picked up, but if I edit the source images in the Default Theme folder they work from there.

The gutter icons paths are hard-coded, as you've noticed. The main reason for this is that the current gutter drawing logic isn't aware of the theme system, and isn't able to export elements to be themed by it. It's also worth nothing that the gutter icons have some post-processing applied to them, so they'll be tinted to the same color as the region added via the add_regions API.

The icon name is an argument to the add_regions API call, and may be dot, circle, bookmark or cross (although it reality name will work as long as there's a corresponding icon in Theme - Default).

The fold marker path is hard coded for a similar reason, although it doesn't have the tinting applied.
jps
Site Admin

Postby jps on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:04 pm

buymeasoda wrote:Jon, are there any parameters that can set what the trigger width is for auto-hiding the close button?

The current logic is that the tab close button is only shown if it would leave the label with at least 18 pixels of space. The number isn't currently configurable.
jps
Site Admin

Postby buymeasoda on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:13 pm

jps wrote:The current logic is that the tab close button is only shown if it would leave the label with at least 18 pixels of space. The number isn't currently configurable.

jps wrote:The gutter icons paths are hard-coded

Cheers, good to know.

jps wrote:the current gutter drawing logic isn't aware of the theme system

Is the handling of the fold arrow icons in the gutter different to the mark / bookmark icons? I'm guessing this is because of the way bookmark / mark are manageable via the API and plugins?
buymeasoda

Postby radojica on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:39 pm

buymeasoda wrote:PLEASE NOTE: Theme folder location has now been relocated from "Packages/User" to "Packages" in the latest update

The theme has now been updated to work when placed inside the Packages folder instead of inside Packages/User. If you have cloned the theme into the User folder, you will see a broken theme (with red backgrounds) on the next git pull. To correct this issue, move the "Theme - Soda folder" from inside User to inside Packages.

See GitHub: Theme location issue https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/issues/10 and "Sublime Forum: Theme location discussion" (this thread) http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2471&start=50#p11550 for more details.

I tried to copy it in Packages/Users but I still doesn't see this theme is available :(
radojica

Postby handycam on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm

As it says in the text you quoted, the theme folders go in Packages not Packages/User

And they don't "show up" anywhere: you need to add the theme name to your Global.sublime-settings in User.

Code: Select all
// Place user-specific overrides in this file, to ensure they're preserved
// when upgrading
{
   "theme": "Soda Light.sublime-theme",
   "highlight_modified_tabs": true

}

I think the terminology is confusing, what with Themes and Color Schemes.
Mac OS 10.9.3
ST 3 (3059)
handycam

Postby skaet on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:01 am

handycam wrote:As it says in the text you quoted, the theme folders go in Packages not Packages/User

And they don't "show up" anywhere: you need to add the theme name to your Global.sublime-settings in User.

I'm getting ready to release a beta version of a theme manager to address this. Look for it in the plugin announcements section within the next 3-5hrs :)
skaet

Postby psionicsin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Ok so I've read through here, and none of these directions seems to be working right for me.

I am a total newb when it comes to ST2 and git. However these are supposed to be easy to follow instructions...

...and this is what the outcome was:

What is going on here?
psionicsin

Postby handycam on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Just download it manually. Go to https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/

Click download zip. Unzip. Place the resulting directory "Theme - Soda" into your Packages/User folder.

In User/Global.sublime-settings, add
"theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme"

That's it.
Mac OS 10.9.3
ST 3 (3059)
handycam

Postby psionicsin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:42 pm

handycam wrote:Just download it manually. Go to https://github.com/buymeasoda/soda-theme/

Click download zip. Unzip. Place the resulting directory "Theme - Soda" into your Packages/User folder.

In User/Global.sublime-settings, add
"theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme"

That's it.

Ok I got it to work. I wasn't aware I had to place the WHOLE directory in there. I thought I had to take what I needed from out of that folder and rename it.

Another problem though is that as soon as I saved the theme, my tab text went nuts.
psionicsin

Postby skaet on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:38 am

psionicsin wrote:Another problem though is that as soon as I saved the theme, my tab text went nuts.

How so? Sometimes you need to restart ST2 to fix any graphical errors that occur when the theme loads.
skaet

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion