Sublime Forum

The only thing stopping me from purchasing

Is the lack of

And yes, I am aware it can be “brought up” using a command, but that’s an obvious user interface accessibility MISTAKE and it needs to be either on by default or available from the menu.

0 Likes

I was a netbeans user too b4 switching to sublime and I agree a lot of people miss that panel and like u said is there hidden.

But I already got used to ctrl+p, it makes me work faster :smile:
I just wished it would save what I typed last and show me last results and be able to multiple select files because right now u can only select one or open all kinda sucks

But I agree a lot people rather use some GUI specially MOUSE users and I’m sure they would be happy campers.

0 Likes

I the project panel would exist - I would disable it. The quickpanel is much more efficient and does not waste precious editing space on the monitor. :sunglasses:

0 Likes

I agree but it should be optional, some people (mouse lovers) rather waste a lil screen space and have that there ready for their mouse adventures!
besides a lot of people have dual monitors specially programmers :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“robinduckett”]
And yes, I am aware it can be “brought up” using a command, but that’s an obvious user interface accessibility MISTAKE and it needs to be either on by default or available from the menu.[/quote]

uhmm… i am a total newbie with Sublime… but how would I bring that up? (I am obviously one of those mouse-lovers in some usecases :wink: )

Cheers and thanks,
-j

0 Likes

There are a few options for selecting files with the quick panel:

• Ctrl+Shift+O: Select between open files
  • Ctrl+Alt+Shift+O: Select file in current directory
  • Ctrl+P: Select file in project

For the last one, you’ll need to have a project open: this is mostly a case of doing Project/New Project, and the saving the project file in the root of your project directory.

0 Likes

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but I have a couple of observations / feature requests / questions…

I’'m not sure if it’s me being stupid but I have noticed that when you add a file to a project folder, you have to close/open the project (or sublime text) for the new file to appear in the ctrl+p quick view (Open file in project menu).

Secondly, is there a way to re-name a file in a project using the quick view (ctrl+p). Currently I have to close the file in sublime-text, switch to windows explorer and then re-name in that.

Is a ‘file-explorer’ (like pointed out in the net beans screen shot) for projects coming?

If it is, would it be possible for you to add the ability to open a folder, like in text mate, and the file explorer to show just the contents of that folder?

Apart from these couple of niggles, you most definitely have the title of best text editor on windows in my eyes!

0 Likes

to reload project (yes it is not automatic…) add the following line to your user key binding:

<binding key="ctrl+shift+r" command="scanProject"/>

to rename quickly, use this workaround: open the file using the project quick-panel (ctrl+p) then double click on the file tab (where you see its name). it will open a windows explorer on this location (actually to open a new file) you can then rename any file you want there.

0 Likes