Sublime Forum

Tab tooltips showing filename always cut off by screen edge

Hi @jps,

I’m just wondering if you have plans to fix the alignment of the tooltips that appear when you hover over a tab in ST2? Unfortunately all of my project files are buried several directories deep and thus the relevant parts of the filenames usually disappear off the right side of the screen. It makes it impossible for me to find out the full path of the file I’m editing, save from doing a “Save As…” then looking at the path drop-down list, which is particularly awkward.

I’ve posted about this before (which includes an explanatory screenshot), though I suppose it got lost in the flurry of discussions that happen here.

Thanks,
Paul

0 Likes

By the way, I really appreciate the improvements you’ve made in the dev version of ST2, including addressing some of the issues I happened to report in that linked post! The only major qualm I still have is with the tooltip positioning. So thanks again for all your hard work, it must be a nightmare trying to keep up with all the requests.

0 Likes

The files in the sidebar also have tooltips and a lot more space to the right.

0 Likes

True, but I have the sidebar turned off. I work on a 13-inch screen and need to maximize my screen’s real estate dedicated to text editing.

0 Likes

You can also control-click the icon in the window title bar to see the full path to the file.

Proper tool tip placement is on the todo list, too.

0 Likes

@jps, awesome!
Thanks for the Control-click tip, I forgot about that. FYI, to anyone who’s interested, one can also see the full path just by right-clicking the title bar.

0 Likes