Sublime Forum

Passing a mouse button through to the OS?

I’m trying to disable the mouse button 5 behaviour in Sublime Text and simply pass the button press through to the OS.

I normally have button 5 set up as a modifier for grab scrolling (using Smart Scroll in OS X) and the default Sublime Text binding overrides this. I can reassign button5 to something else or I can disable it completely by creating my own mousemap file, but I can’t find a way to get Sublime Text to totally ignore the button or simply pass it through to OS X.

Is this even possible? If not, then surely it needs to be - having buttons or keys irreversibly hijacked by Sublime can’t be good design.

The documentation for mousemap files seems to be thin at best. Maybe there’s even a way to get Sublime to use button 5 as a modifier to emulate Smart Scroll’s behaviour - although I wouldn’t have a clue how to do this.

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes

Alternatively, is there a user-modifiable file that stores the default mouse maps? If I could edit the built-in assignments to remove the button 5 setting, that would be great. As above, documentation about mouse maps seems to be either very sparse or very hard to find.

I love Sublime Text but this mouse-button capturing ‘feature’ is really annoying me!

0 Likes

This is driving me nuts. I’ve reverted back to textmate since I’m unable to scroll.

I’ve commented out all
// Mouse 3 column select
features from Default (OSX).sublime-mousemap

And it’s still not registering. There must be a way to either:
A. Setup grab scroll in sublime
B. Get it to lay off my mouse 3 button so grab scroll can do its thing

As soon as this is fixed I’m purchasing. I LOVE the editor but need grab scroll.

0 Likes