Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2174

Dev Build 2174 is out now.

Settings have been simplified in this build: the distinction between Base File.sublime-settings and Global.sublime-settings is gone, now there’s just Preferences.sublime-settings. This should help to reduce the confusion about where to place a given setting. When 2174 is first run, it will merge your previous settings files into Preferences.sublime-settings. If you have a plugin that asks for one of the old settings files, it’ll receive a handle to Preferences.sublime-settings instead.

The default font on Windows has changed to Consolas. Personally I prefer Courier New, but Consolas is the future, and it doesn’t have rendering artifacts where italic and normal text appear to have a different baseline, unlike Courier New. Also on the Windows text rendering side of things, Direct Write rendering (via the hidden “directwrite” font option) should be improved now, too. I’d like to hear from who’s still having issues with the Direct Write output.

Finally, I believe the remaining automatic indenting issues are resolved now, again, please let me know if this isn’t the case.

0 Likes

+1 for consolas as new default
+1 for merged settings file

:smiley:

0 Likes

Yes, It’s much better now :smile:

Is there any update regarding this feature?
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/auto-complete-box-settings-for-width-and-font-size/3844/1

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my insistence.

0 Likes

Python seems less quirky :smile:

0 Likes

What does the change to the global/file settings mean for plugin authors? Do we need to update all the plugin-specific settings files to be Preferences.sublime-settings ? Will Base File.sublime-settings still work for the time being?

0 Likes

If you’re using sublime.load_settings(), you won’t need to change anything.

If you’ve provided a Base File.sublime-settings file in your plugin, however, it won’t be picked up any longer.

0 Likes

Great work!

Also, Mac owners can install Consolas too - wezm.net/technical/2009/03/i … as-mac-osx - it’s a great looking font on the Mac too

0 Likes

Linux: “Word Wrap” mode is always enabled and can not be turned off.
Solution settings: “word_wrap”: “false” or “true” and not “auto”.

0 Likes

[quote=“tanepiper”]Great work!

Also, Mac owners can install Consolas too - wezm.net/technical/2009/03/i … as-mac-osx - it’s a great looking font on the Mac too[/quote]

What about Linux users?

0 Likes

[quote=“gour”]
What about Linux users?[/quote]

A quick google search leads to: romej.com/archives/571/conso … de-editing

0 Likes

I love the fact that settings are merged. Some times it was pain when you’re in a rush to get them in the right place!

0 Likes

thanks for the update. it looks like the formatting for setting the theme has changed. any suggestions for getting the Soda theme working again? thanks again

0 Likes

Nevermind, figured it out. Added the ‘theme’ line to the Preferences > Settings – Users

{
“color_scheme”: “Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Twilight.tmTheme”,
"theme": “Soda Dark.sublime-theme”,
“font_face”: “Consolas”,
“font_size”: 11.0
}

0 Likes

[quote=“tanepiper”]Great work!

Also, Mac owners can install Consolas too - wezm.net/technical/2009/03/i … as-mac-osx - it’s a great looking font on the Mac too[/quote]

If you have a recent version of Office Mac installed, you already have it.

Also, check this out: http://hivelogic.com/articles/top-10-programming-fonts/

0 Likes

OSX: when the default settings have the entry “word_wrap”: “auto” then word wrap can’t be activated, neither through the user settings or the menu.

0 Likes

I just came across this as well.

0 Likes

Appreciate the update as always. However this build has been pretty buggy for our team. We noticed that our settings for ignored files and folders (“folder_exclude_patterns” and “file_exclude_patterns”) were blown away, presumably something to do with merging User and Global settings. Another things we’ve noticed is that we’re seeing word wrapping, even though “word_wrap”: false in Settings - User. We can change it in Settings - Default and it works, but when using Settings - User like before, it does not override it. Sounds like this one has been mentioned a couple times.

0 Likes

On OSX I can’t get word_wrap to work any longer.

0 Likes

Nope, JavaScript and JSON auto-indent is still broken. I must revert to 2172 to fix.

Here’s a nice little animation for you.

EDIT: here is my Preferences file. When I delete all packages & restart, the indent seems to work, so it must be one of these settings.

{
	"auto_complete_commit_on_tab": true,
	"auto_complete_with_fields": true,
	"auto_match_enabled": true,
	"color_scheme": "Packages/User/colors/DanroST2.tmTheme",
	"detect_indentation": true,
	"draw_indent_guides": true,
	"fade_fold_buttons": false,
	"folder_exclude_patterns":

".svn",
		".git",
		".hg",
		"CVS",
		"dist"
	],
	"font_face": "Monaco",
	"font_options":

"no_antialias"
	],
	"font_size": 11.0,
	"ignored_packages":

"Vintage"
	],
	"jshint_options":
	{
		"asi": true,
		"browser": true,
		"eqnull": true,
		"evil": true,
		"expr": true,
		"laxcomma": true,
		"loopfunc": true,
		"trailing": true,
		"undef": true,
		"validthis": true
	},
	"line_padding_top": 1,
	"match_selection": false,
	"open_files_in_new_window": false,
	"scroll_past_end": true,
	"scroll_speed": 0,
	"sublimelinter_delay": 1,
	"tab_size": 2,
	"theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme",
	"translate_tabs_to_spaces": true,
	"tree_animation_enabled": false,
	"trim_automatic_white_space": false,
	"word_separators": "./\\()\"'-:,.;<>~!#%&^*|+=]{}`~?"
}
0 Likes

Not sure when, but “tab character” is not working as expected. “tab” should insert a “tab” and nothing more.

In the following example cursor is at the end

[code]
class nada:

def nada():
	hoola()

|[/code]

When I hit “TAB” cursor changes to :

[code]
class nada:

def nada():
	hoola()

|[/code]