Sublime Forum

BufferScroll

Scenario 1:
Works as expected. If there some way to “know” the file is opened via “build screen” I’m happy to add the exception.

Scenario 2:
Will take a look, thanks for reporting.

Regards

0 Likes

Here’s what I implemented for myself: github.com/xeno-by/dotsublime/b … rScroll.py. It’s freaking ugly, that’s why I didn’t make a pull request, but it works for me, and it solves both problems.

0 Likes

Will take a look thanks.

0 Likes

Actually, using on_activate doesn’t play well with overlays. When I press Ctrl+G, type the line number and press Enter, Sublime fires on_activate which cancels the effect of Ctrl+G. Okay, this thing needs more workarounds.

0 Likes

Here’s yet another dirty hack: github.com/xeno-by/dotsublime/c … 6ec#diff-0.

Now I utilize the fact that overlays never show up in window.views(), despite the fact that opening an overlay fires on_activated with an overlay view as an argument (so, overlays do have underlying views). This fact can be used to filter out and ignore on_activated of a real view that happens after quitting an overlay.

0 Likes

Hi
I changed “restore scroll” to only restore the position if the current position is (0.0, 0.0)

I’m not sure if that solves the other problems you are seeing, I don’t use build system. the problem of “external file changes” has been fixed.

If you can provide a step by step guide I can try

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi there. I find this plugin very useful.

Unfortunately I have a problem with it. When searching for something and clicking on the editable area you’re scrolled to the top.

Steps to recreate the situation:

• open a file that doesn’t fit in one screen (so you’ll be able to scroll)
  • search for something that’s not in the current viewable area
  • try clicking on the visible editable area (of the file)
    You’ll be scrolled to the top.
    So, basically, the search function of the program is f**ked.

I also figured the thing causing this. It seems that the on_activated method is called when changing focus from search to the editor.
So by simply commenting out this method I solved it.

# def on_activated(self, view):
# 	if view.file_name() != None and view.file_name() != '' and not view.settings().get('is_widget'):
# 		# restore on preview tabs should be fast as posible
# 		self.restore(view)
# 		# overwrite restoration of scroll made by the application
# 		sublime.set_timeout(lambda: self.restore_scroll(view), 200)
0 Likes

Here’s what I did to fix this very problem: github.com/xeno-by/dotsublime/b … rScroll.py. I’m still not very happy with my changes to tito’s original code, but now it rarely does stupid stuff, so I decided to share.

0 Likes

[quote]When searching for something and clicking on the editable area you’re scrolled to the top.
[/quote]

Hi sorry, I noticed the problem in minutes but forget to upload the fixed version :blush:

0 Likes

Since recent updates (i can’t give exact date) i’m continuously face with this bug:

PIC

It mostly happens when i open a file that i haven’t used for a while.

0 Likes

ahh

0 Likes

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

0 Likes

Hi,

have a small issue that you plugin might be able to resolve, relating to bookmarks (which I use a lot) and cloned files (which I use a lot for double views)

Trouble is a cloned file doesn’t have the bookmarks in it… and then if you close the original file… yes… you’ve lost all the bookmarks.

Ideally for me, cloned files would have all the bookmarks too, but possibly due to ST2 standard way of working this is not possible… any thoughts?

cheers.

0 Likes

This has been fixed.

0 Likes

A problem you may found is that the same file may have different saved data depending on position.

file.txt has 1 bookmark on column 1 position 1
file.txt has 2 bookmarks on column 2 position 1
file.txt has 4 bookmarks con column 1 position 2

When you open file.txt, the package will look into the position to restore the bookmarks.

0 Likes

Hey,

thanks, thats much better :smile:

Is it possibly to make it so that when I put a bookmark in a file, it also appears simultaneously in any cloned file? This would resolve bookmarks getting out of synch in cloned files (and save having to put bookmarks in twice, or close files in the correct order!)

0 Likes

Hey tito!

Can i have a feature request? Ahh sorry this was too direct, can i give you a hint? :wink:

[quote=“S0und”]So my question, is there any way to set a file name specific syntax highlight color scheme?
I have a script that i use for daily work, exp.: workscript.ahk When i adding new features to the script i use a new file like: workscript_beta.ahk. But sometimes i got confused - since the code mostly identical - and sometimes i’m changing the “wrong” file, aka. the normal daily work file. Is that possible to use 2 different color scheme for each file?[/quote]

[quote=“jbjornson”]On a given view, you can set the color_scheme setting for a specific file, but it won’t be remembered if you close it and open it again. Maybe you could save this as a plugin and make sure you execute it each time you open your productive file…

view.settings().set('color_scheme', 'Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Solarized (Dark).tmTheme') [/quote]

So can you save the color scheme for each opened file? + an option to turn this feature on and off, which is off by default.

0 Likes

Interesting to have different views with different color schemes. I’ve added an option to save the color scheme and also as a plus the syntax. =)

Here how you change a color scheme for a view.

1 - With the preference “remember_color_scheme” set to “true” you change the color scheme. For example by selecting IDLE.
2 - You close the file ( this will save the data for the view )
3 - You select again your previous “color scheme”

Now, every time you open the file IDLE will be set.

But, there is a problem!

Sublime allow to change the “color scheme” for the application. But will not overwrite views with a custom “color scheme” set, which is good.

To change the color scheme from IDLE you need first to “forget the color scheme of the view” by clicking Menu -> Preferences -> Color Scheme Forget.

0 Likes

yay, thanks soo much, works great!

0 Likes

I completed a full rewrite of this package some days ago. I fixed some problematic exceptions that were present in previous versions and it works faster.

**To remember:
**This package started as a project to save the scroll position between sessions.
Now it saves everything about a view. (scroll, bookmarks, folds, marks, selections and syntax )

Additional features:
1 - Has the optional ability ( by default set to false ) to synch bookmarks, folds and marks between cloned views. A bookmark or fold will appear automatically in other cloned views. This was requested by user outer7
2 - if you folded something and then unfolded, with this plugin you can call to “refold” ( if the view content was untouched – if not fold will appear in funny positions ) This may can be improved a little more.

If you tried this package in the past but were frustrated with the result give it another try and report any problem.

Limitation:
- Currently the data taken by this package is saved when the focus of a view is lost. This is obviously not optimal. This is a limitation of sublime text which is not dispatching the events “on project open/closed” and “on application close”
- There seems to be a problem with sublime text setting scroll position of some file types as xml, html and txt when these are loaded.

0 Likes