Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2174

[quote=“tanepiper”]Great work!

Also, Mac owners can install Consolas too - wezm.net/technical/2009/03/i … as-mac-osx - it’s a great looking font on the Mac too[/quote]

If you have a recent version of Office Mac installed, you already have it.

Also, check this out: http://hivelogic.com/articles/top-10-programming-fonts/

0 Likes

OSX: when the default settings have the entry “word_wrap”: “auto” then word wrap can’t be activated, neither through the user settings or the menu.

0 Likes

I just came across this as well.

0 Likes

Appreciate the update as always. However this build has been pretty buggy for our team. We noticed that our settings for ignored files and folders (“folder_exclude_patterns” and “file_exclude_patterns”) were blown away, presumably something to do with merging User and Global settings. Another things we’ve noticed is that we’re seeing word wrapping, even though “word_wrap”: false in Settings - User. We can change it in Settings - Default and it works, but when using Settings - User like before, it does not override it. Sounds like this one has been mentioned a couple times.

0 Likes

On OSX I can’t get word_wrap to work any longer.

0 Likes

Nope, JavaScript and JSON auto-indent is still broken. I must revert to 2172 to fix.

Here’s a nice little animation for you.

EDIT: here is my Preferences file. When I delete all packages & restart, the indent seems to work, so it must be one of these settings.

{
	"auto_complete_commit_on_tab": true,
	"auto_complete_with_fields": true,
	"auto_match_enabled": true,
	"color_scheme": "Packages/User/colors/DanroST2.tmTheme",
	"detect_indentation": true,
	"draw_indent_guides": true,
	"fade_fold_buttons": false,
	"folder_exclude_patterns":

".svn",
		".git",
		".hg",
		"CVS",
		"dist"
	],
	"font_face": "Monaco",
	"font_options":

"no_antialias"
	],
	"font_size": 11.0,
	"ignored_packages":

"Vintage"
	],
	"jshint_options":
	{
		"asi": true,
		"browser": true,
		"eqnull": true,
		"evil": true,
		"expr": true,
		"laxcomma": true,
		"loopfunc": true,
		"trailing": true,
		"undef": true,
		"validthis": true
	},
	"line_padding_top": 1,
	"match_selection": false,
	"open_files_in_new_window": false,
	"scroll_past_end": true,
	"scroll_speed": 0,
	"sublimelinter_delay": 1,
	"tab_size": 2,
	"theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme",
	"translate_tabs_to_spaces": true,
	"tree_animation_enabled": false,
	"trim_automatic_white_space": false,
	"word_separators": "./\\()\"'-:,.;<>~!#%&^*|+=]{}`~?"
}
0 Likes

Not sure when, but “tab character” is not working as expected. “tab” should insert a “tab” and nothing more.

In the following example cursor is at the end

[code]
class nada:

def nada():
	hoola()

|[/code]

When I hit “TAB” cursor changes to :

[code]
class nada:

def nada():
	hoola()

|[/code]

“TAB” should work as a tab character, instead of trying to guess

0 Likes

I love this application, but sometimes it eats 80-100% of my CPU almost instantly when I’m starting to edit files (just after start it is always ok, 0-5%) and it stops only after completely shutting down the program.
I have this problem for almost month of testing.
I’m working on Ubuntu 11.10 32bit and Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz × 2.

0 Likes

The SublimeLinter (yes, I know an external package) seems to be only working on save now for my JS. Is it just a coincidence that this occurs after the latest update or something else?

0 Likes

I found out that I could “Enable Backround Linting”. I’m wondering why I had to enable that after update, but in any case, that solves the issue if anyone else was looking into it.

0 Likes

It seems like the merging of settings files messed up some plugins, namely SublimeLinter. Like ge3kusa’s example I noticed that my ignored PEP8 settings were gone as well as what he pointed out.

0 Likes

Yes, it looks like package settings files are being ignored. I also noticed that SublimeLinter was ignoring my PEP8 settings, but when I moved them into the global user settings files, it worked again.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for release.
Is there any way to return old font instead of Consolas? Assume it’s “font_face” setting, but what is font name? Consolas is nice, but old font was soooo sexy.

0 Likes

[quote=“alek_sys”]Hi, thanks for release.
Is there any way to return old font instead of Consolas? Assume it’s “font_face” setting, but what is font name? Consolas is nice, but old font was soooo sexy.[/quote]

You can return the previous default font with this setting in the new preferences file

"font_face": "Courier New"
0 Likes

[quote=“n00ge”]

I just came across this as well.[/quote]

“word_wrap”: “true”

0 Likes

[quote=“fred”]

I just came across this as well.
“word_wrap”: “true”[/quote]

Yes that is the work around, but this is a regression.

0 Likes

Seriously? You prefer Courier New? Please do yourself a favour: hivelogic.com/articles/top-10-programming-fonts/

0 Likes

Consolas is better than Courier New, but why anyone on a Mac would switch from Monaco to it is beyond me! I quite like Inconsolata from that article, but still find Monaco nicer.

Oh well, each to their own.

0 Likes

[quote=“andyjeffries”]Consolas is better than Courier New, but why anyone on a Mac would switch from Monaco to it is beyond me! I quite like Inconsolata from that article, but still find Monaco nicer.

Oh well, each to their own.[/quote]

Indeed. I can’t stand Monaco, :smile:

0 Likes

I prefer Menlo

0 Likes