Sublime Forum

Toggle comments not working for Groovy files

The shortcut keys and the menu items to toggle comments for .groovy files do not work. They weren’t working in the last version and they still aren’t working in the new version. The commands work fine for some of the other file types that I tried, such as html and XML. Is there something that I need to do to get these to work? I’m using build 2126 of sublime text 2.

0 Likes

Hey, wondering if you were able to find an answer to this?

I’m using build 2165 and I’m still having issues commenting with groovy files. Toggle comments does not work and I have to enter comments manually.
Toggle comments works fine on Java, GSP and XML files so it’s frustrating that it doesn’t work for Groovy files!

Thanks

0 Likes

I was able to find a work-around for this. I copied over the Comments.tmPreferences file from the Java package over to the Groovy package. Opened it up and renamed ‘source.java’ to ‘source.groovy’.
Worked like a charm!

To find the packages (in OSX) go to Sublime Text 2 -> Preferenecs -> Browse Packages

0 Likes

Awesome, thanks. Hopefully that will get incorporated into a future release.

0 Likes

Thank you for this…saved me a bit of frustration. Glad I decided to check the forum before digging into the groovy preferences! :smile:

0 Likes

Yes. Please add this to the build!

0 Likes