Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2174

I just came across this as well.

0 Likes

Appreciate the update as always. However this build has been pretty buggy for our team. We noticed that our settings for ignored files and folders (“folder_exclude_patterns” and “file_exclude_patterns”) were blown away, presumably something to do with merging User and Global settings. Another things we’ve noticed is that we’re seeing word wrapping, even though “word_wrap”: false in Settings - User. We can change it in Settings - Default and it works, but when using Settings - User like before, it does not override it. Sounds like this one has been mentioned a couple times.

0 Likes

On OSX I can’t get word_wrap to work any longer.

0 Likes

Nope, JavaScript and JSON auto-indent is still broken. I must revert to 2172 to fix.

Here’s a nice little animation for you.

EDIT: here is my Preferences file. When I delete all packages & restart, the indent seems to work, so it must be one of these settings.

{
	"auto_complete_commit_on_tab": true,
	"auto_complete_with_fields": true,
	"auto_match_enabled": true,
	"color_scheme": "Packages/User/colors/DanroST2.tmTheme",
	"detect_indentation": true,
	"draw_indent_guides": true,
	"fade_fold_buttons": false,
	"folder_exclude_patterns":

".svn",
		".git",
		".hg",
		"CVS",
		"dist"
	],
	"font_face": "Monaco",
	"font_options":

"no_antialias"
	],
	"font_size": 11.0,
	"ignored_packages":

"Vintage"
	],
	"jshint_options":
	{
		"asi": true,
		"browser": true,
		"eqnull": true,
		"evil": true,
		"expr": true,
		"laxcomma": true,
		"loopfunc": true,
		"trailing": true,
		"undef": true,
		"validthis": true
	},
	"line_padding_top": 1,
	"match_selection": false,
	"open_files_in_new_window": false,
	"scroll_past_end": true,
	"scroll_speed": 0,
	"sublimelinter_delay": 1,
	"tab_size": 2,
	"theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme",
	"translate_tabs_to_spaces": true,
	"tree_animation_enabled": false,
	"trim_automatic_white_space": false,
	"word_separators": "./\\()\"'-:,.;<>~!#%&^*|+=]{}`~?"
}
0 Likes

Not sure when, but “tab character” is not working as expected. “tab” should insert a “tab” and nothing more.

In the following example cursor is at the end

[code]
class nada:

def nada():
	hoola()

|[/code]

When I hit “TAB” cursor changes to :

[code]
class nada:

def nada():
	hoola()

|[/code]

“TAB” should work as a tab character, instead of trying to guess

0 Likes

I love this application, but sometimes it eats 80-100% of my CPU almost instantly when I’m starting to edit files (just after start it is always ok, 0-5%) and it stops only after completely shutting down the program.
I have this problem for almost month of testing.
I’m working on Ubuntu 11.10 32bit and Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz × 2.

0 Likes

The SublimeLinter (yes, I know an external package) seems to be only working on save now for my JS. Is it just a coincidence that this occurs after the latest update or something else?

0 Likes

I found out that I could “Enable Backround Linting”. I’m wondering why I had to enable that after update, but in any case, that solves the issue if anyone else was looking into it.

0 Likes

It seems like the merging of settings files messed up some plugins, namely SublimeLinter. Like ge3kusa’s example I noticed that my ignored PEP8 settings were gone as well as what he pointed out.

0 Likes

Yes, it looks like package settings files are being ignored. I also noticed that SublimeLinter was ignoring my PEP8 settings, but when I moved them into the global user settings files, it worked again.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for release.
Is there any way to return old font instead of Consolas? Assume it’s “font_face” setting, but what is font name? Consolas is nice, but old font was soooo sexy.

0 Likes

[quote=“alek_sys”]Hi, thanks for release.
Is there any way to return old font instead of Consolas? Assume it’s “font_face” setting, but what is font name? Consolas is nice, but old font was soooo sexy.[/quote]

You can return the previous default font with this setting in the new preferences file

"font_face": "Courier New"
0 Likes

[quote=“n00ge”]

I just came across this as well.[/quote]

“word_wrap”: “true”

0 Likes

[quote=“fred”]

I just came across this as well.
“word_wrap”: “true”[/quote]

Yes that is the work around, but this is a regression.

0 Likes

Seriously? You prefer Courier New? Please do yourself a favour: hivelogic.com/articles/top-10-programming-fonts/

0 Likes

Consolas is better than Courier New, but why anyone on a Mac would switch from Monaco to it is beyond me! I quite like Inconsolata from that article, but still find Monaco nicer.

Oh well, each to their own.

0 Likes

[quote=“andyjeffries”]Consolas is better than Courier New, but why anyone on a Mac would switch from Monaco to it is beyond me! I quite like Inconsolata from that article, but still find Monaco nicer.

Oh well, each to their own.[/quote]

Indeed. I can’t stand Monaco, :smile:

0 Likes

I prefer Menlo

0 Likes

Good night everyone!
I’m doing something wrong? my CMD+P is now opening the file in a new file. Before he used open the file at the same window and CMD+T had this behavior.

Best Regards

0 Likes

This problem didn’t start with this build, but I don’t know exactly when it started so I’m just gonna throw it here in the hopes that it gets seen.

ctrl/cmd+d, used to select the next occurrence of the current selection, doesn’t respect the “whole word” flag in your find settings (although it does respect the case sensitive flag).

This is a very noticeable problem now because of the new match_selection feature (which also ignores it, but defaults to true instead of false). It would be logical for “select more” to always select the next “highlighted” bit of text, and for the behavior of both to be consistent and user-definable.

Is there some setting I’m missing for this?

0 Likes