Sublime Forum

Column Highlight

Just like you can set the “highlight_line” option, I’d love to see a “highlight_column” option – something that will put a vertical highlight on the current column. I got really used to this in Vim, and it ends up being a great feature when you’re trying to match up indentation.

1 Like

+1

Have you enabled indentation guides? That might do the job until column highlight comes along.

0 Likes

Of use sometimes is to use Ctrl-Alt-down to multi-select the next column downwards - at least it goes straight-down and you can press Escape (without typing anything!) once you’ve checked the alignment.

(It does jump to the left if there is a blank line, and to the right if there is a line-wrap, but still…)

Andy.

Edited: Or for a block, select the block and press Ctrl-Shift-L, then Home to jump to the front of all the lines. Don’t forget to press Escape, or click out, once you’ve checked. Edited2: Press Home twice so that you can start from the very beginning (far left).

0 Likes

I’d love to have this feature as well! That, and/or cursor block highlighting. The plug-in is a less than ideal soltuion.

0 Likes

I would also LOVE this feature. In the meantime, where can I find a plugin that does this?

0 Likes

+1 for this as well, I miss this coming from VIM.

0 Likes

Please checkout my new plugin called CursorRuler (announcement thread here: CursorRuler - Marks cursor position with dynamic rulers) which hopefully is the type of plugin you would find very useful :smile:

0 Likes