Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimeREPL

Re: SublimeREPL

Postby wuub on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:31 pm

SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby C0D312 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 pm

I can't wait to play with this :)

I'd be happy to help if you'd like (my diabolical plan to get my hands on it faster). I'm on OS X btw.

Any plans on charging for this?
C0D312

Postby wuub on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:24 pm

C0D312 wrote:I'd be happy to help if you'd like (my diabolical plan to get my hands on it faster). I'm on OS X btw.

No problem. I'm not overwhelmed with alpha testers... yet ;)

Any plans on charging for this?

I probably could, but I won't. If you need it, use it. I even licensed it under BSD because I know that some organizations have a problem with GPL.

This doesn't mean that I don't appreciate words of encouragement, a patch/pull request, a link on the interwebs or an occasional donation.

Make no mistake, this project is an enormous time sink. I use it daily and in that way it's somewhat reasonable to improve things from time to time, but if it wasn't for the very few that decided to give something back (code, time or even hard-earned money) I would probably stopped publishing those changes a long time ago :)
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby wuub on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:45 pm

SublimeREPL is now available via Package Control.

I advice anyone, who isn't doing any development, to re-install using the above method.
wuub

Postby GuriK on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 am

Hello.
Is it possible to just run current file and see output ?
for example command like this : node server.js
GuriK

Postby willy1234x1 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:41 am

I love this but I want to know is there a way to set this up so that I can use iPython? This is on Windows, the settings file doesn't seem to have a way to point to a specific file so I'm not sure how to go about getting iPython working.
willy1234x1

Postby wuub on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 am

GuriK wrote:Is it possible to just run current file and see output ?
for example command like this : node server.js

It is, but I believe that Build Systems were created exactly for your use case and could be a better fit (Tools -> Build System)

is there a way to set this up so that I can use iPython

Theoretically yes, but for all practical purposes NO. At least not with current version and not on windows.
Making it work is on the TODO and with a pretty high priority (just after public alpha of terminal emulation on osx/linux). But for now you'll have to wait. Sorry :-/
wuub

Postby havri on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Hello!
Great plugin, great jog wuub! :-) But I have problem with SublimeREPL when I am using Python 3. Every time I write something wrong and Python should respond with an error message, I get nothing and the error message will apear in the next call. There is an output for Python3:

Code: Select all
>>> import foo
>>> foo.fact(6)
>>> foo.fact('asd')
>>> 1+1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/user/Utilities/foo.py", line 41, in fact
    return 1 if n == 1 else n * fact(n - 1)
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'str' and 'int'
>>> sys.version
'3.2 (r32:88452, Feb 20 2011, 10:19:59) \n[GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5493)]'
>>>

When I wrote foo.fact(‚asd‘) I did not get the error message. I had to write e.g. 1+1 to get the error message. Everything is alright with Python2:

>>> import foo
>>> foo.fact(10)
>>> foo.fact('asd')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/user/Utilities/foo.py", line 41, in fact
    return 1 if n == 1 else n * fact(n - 1)
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'str' and 'int'
>>> sys.version
'2.7.1 (r271:86832, Jun 16 2011, 16:59:05) \n[GCC 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2335.15.00)]'
>>>

I have changed the path to Python interpreter in SublimeREPL/config/Python/Main.sublime-menu. From "cmd": ["python", "-i”] to "cmd": ["/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin/python3", "-i”]. Nothing else.

Does anyone know where is the problem, please?
havri

Postby C0D312 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 pm

How's progress on terminal emulation? I got really excited for it when I realized that this could mean interactive build systems :)

Imagine, just pressing a shortcut to open the terminal at the current directory and even set it to build the file. Endless possibilities...
C0D312

Postby wuub on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am

havri wrote:Does anyone know where is the problem, please?

Add "-u" to options:
"cmd": ["python", "-i", "-u"]

:)

C0D312 wrote:How's progress on terminal emulation?

As usual: slowly. I was AFK for the most of weekend.
I got through Conque's conque_sole (win32 terminal) code and now I understand what it does and more importantly why it does it this way.
It was important to do this exercise before going further with linux/osx version, because eventually we want to be cross platform and windows insanity unfortunately needs to be taken into account.
wuub

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements