Sublime Forum

Sublime Wiki

Now please shoot me down if you think this is a rubbish idea, but i just thought that having a community curated Sublime Text 2 wiki might be a good idea. It could have documentation, tips, tricks, how-tos etc. I thought that the more information that there’s available to new & old users, the better.

Food for thought at least… what do you think?

0 Likes

+1

The forums work well, but a lot of questions get asked multiple times and some good content gets lost over time. A wiki can handle both of these issues. The community here is pretty good already, I think we could quickly build a really useful wiki.

0 Likes

sublimetext.info offers some great resources if you’re looking for general information about various systems. I’m not sure a wiki is necessary though but it may be useful due to how quickly some things can change between builds.

I’m willing to set up a quick domain + wiki software if people think this is worth looking into

0 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, sublimetext.info is great but I agree with nick that loads of questions get asked multiple times. An example might be for each plugin to have it’s documentation there, along with examples etc… and if you’re willing to set something up, it would be great…

0 Likes

You’re not wrong, we have seen a significant spike in documentation/example usage related issues lately and I think we’ll be able to fill the gap. My concerns are making sure that people know the wiki exists and having enough contributors to keep the information diverse and up-to-date. Many forum regulars and plugin developers will have other commitments so this is really going to be a labour of love…

0 Likes