Sublime Forum

Completion popup

Question: is there a limit on the number of entries in the completion popup? I mean the one brought up via view.showCompletions. Even if I pass a long list, only the first 16 entries are shown. Is that a hard-coded limit, or is there a way to override it?

Thanks!
M

0 Likes

Take a look in Packages/Default/Completions.sublime-menu - if you change the repeat attribute, you can make the number shown larger.

0 Likes

OK, thanks. But is there a way to get/set this programmatically (i.e. from a plugin)? It does not seem to be an option…

FYI I am facing this problem with the LaTeX plugin. I have a command to insert a reference; right now I am working around this issue by bringing up a popup menu if there are <= 16 completions (labels) available, and a quick panel otherwise. I prefer the popup, as you can keep the eyes on the text, but the current workaround seems OK to me, especially because one can narrow down the labels by entering the first few characters (my command uses it as prefix to filter out non-matching labels).

Thanks! M

0 Likes