Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimePTY [pre-alpha]

Re: SublimePTY [pre-alpha]

Postby facelessuser on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Just want to say that this plugin rocked my socks...that is all.

Thanks for the plugin!
facelessuser

Postby ajpalkovic on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:25 am

You bring tears to my eyes ;D

Now all we need is an email plugin :) (http://catb.org/jargon/html/Z/Zawinskis-Law.html)
ajpalkovic

Postby guillermooo on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:52 am

Using the console-based vi in SublimePTY inside Sublime Text doesn't work. Outrageous! :D

Seriously, this thing is really awesome. Amazing job!
guillermooo

Postby facelessuser on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:07 am

Yo dawg, I heard you like editors, so we put a plugin in your editor so you use an editor inside your editor.

:)

Seriously though, the first thing I did was load up vi inside Sublime Text, and then giggled when it worked.
facelessuser

Postby wuub on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks for the kind words :) This thing is becoming more and more usable with each passing hour.

Using the console-based vi in SublimePTY inside Sublime Text doesn't work. Outrageous! :D

I've got some problems with forcing shell on OSX to behave the same as my Ubuntu box.
That's why mc/vim/tmux are not working correctly on OSX right now.
If anyone knows how to force OSX bash into full TERM=linux compatibility I'll be glad to hear from them :)

Now all we need is an email plugin

Problem? :mrgreen:
Yup, that's Sublime -> PTY -> Bash -> tmux -> 4x bash [mc | ipython | apline | emacs] :)
And yes, you can kill sublime and "tmux attach" will work after restarting.

the first thing I did was load up vi inside Sublime Text, and then giggled when it worked.

Oh, we are all so predictable ;D I did the same thing when it worked for the first time.

Amazing job!

Lets not get too excited :) This is mostly just gluing together bits and pieces of existing software.
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby C0D312 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:41 pm

So I thought to myself, I really want the Terminal to open in the current directory by default. "How hard could that be?" So I opened up the source code and my eyes glazed over in confusion, haha. It would be AMAZING if the terminal could be set to open with a vertical split like a console window, but I'm getting way ahead of myself.

BTW, I get VIM working fine. Not sure why that would be necessary but w/e.
C0D312

Postby sublimator on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:51 pm

>>> It would be AMAZING if the terminal could be set to open with a vertical split like a console window

You know wuub works with GIS system? `2 dimensional network layouts` or something epic sounding.

I've need him to help me with splits.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby jtp2 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 am

@castles, I was going to say 'now if only castles pre-alpha released the grid splitting thinger we saw a screenshot of, we could get mini SublimePTY term windows' ;)

@wuub, thanks for posting 'early and often', it's functional for me. The fancy still will come down the road, I hope (height adjustment, colors). The license bit confused me but a couple beers in order for sure. Cheers!
jtp2

Postby sublimator on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 am

@jtp2

Hint taken. Release early, release bla bla. I told wuub I wouldn't mind `releasing` it to the general public if he helps me with support/maintenance. He's busy with work and other stuff though I guess.

I've been waiting on Jon to take a look at the layout regrouping and batch view repositioning before really spending any further time on it. He said he won't consider these until after 2.0 final is out. Most of the ideas I have for it depend on quick view positioning.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby wuub on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:48 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote: He's busy with work and other stuff though I guess.

Don't be mean. It's 40K of dense code and workarounds on workarounds, for the love of FSM :mrgreen:
It's really difficult to wrap my head around it after full day of work. And after several reads I'm starting to think you overestimated my abilities :)
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements