Dev Build 2178

Re: Dev Build 2178

Postby oxman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:01 pm

Indeed, its the Ctags package.
Thanks
oxman

Postby sandover on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 am

Please consider putting up a poll about the new icon. I agree with some of the people posting here that this is _not_ "the one".

The S is in a somewhat silly font that doesn't feel substantial, or programmer-ish.
The glow around the S looks amateurish and/or old fashioned. They went overboard here.
There's too much distracting visual detail around the 3D 'platform'. Too much platform in the icon, not enough of the S-face.
sandover

Postby tito on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:20 am

_______-

Don't know if reported yet, but a new document with content

Code: Select all
<div class="someso meso mesomes omesomesome  somesomeso mesomesome somesom esomesome"></div>

Can't be saved. Console reports:
Error showing save dialog: 12290
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Postby ToddFiske on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 am

It's because of the quotes and the new feature to use the first line as the filename of an unsaved file. Just put a blank line before your code and Sublime will use "untitled" as the filename and allow the save dialog. Or put your preferred name in a comment and Sublime will use that.
ToddFiske

Postby bizoo on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:58 am

ToddFiske wrote:It's because of the quotes and the new feature to use the first line as the filename of an unsaved file. Just put a blank line before your code and Sublime will use "untitled" as the filename and allow the save dialog. Or put your preferred name in a comment and Sublime will use that.

For me, it's a bug. It's a totally unexpected behavior.
ST2 must filter the first line used as filename to remove forbidden chars and trunc it to filename size limit.
bizoo

Postby jonathan on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I for one really like the new icon. It feels much more professional than the previous version (as well as many of the user contributed icons). It's simple (like the software) and not overly techie/nerdy. It also fits right in with other great web development software icons I use everyday. See attached pic.

Great work!!!
Attachments
st_icon.jpg
st_icon.jpg (206 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
jonathan

Postby patrys on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Could we please have the "indent_to_bracket" ignore brackets it's immediately following:

def foo(asd,
        |)

but:

def bar(
    |)

baz = [{
    |
}]
patrys

Postby aristidesfl on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:46 am

The icon is better except:
1 the color on the S
2 the font used on the S
3 it could indeed use less inclination (not as important)
aristidesfl

Postby duncan on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:34 pm

I love the new icon. I am going to make sure I put a copy aside in case the chorus of complaint produces a change.

Just wanted to say something to balance the vocal minority pushing for another change here.

Thanks again for all the great work jps.

Every month my respect for ST2 grows even more as the awesome just gets better and better while still letting me customise to such a huge degree with such power and elegance.

And already up to 2080 as I write. Simply amazing an awesome. Best value for my money that I have got in a long time.
duncan

Postby pbhogan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:38 pm

I love the Iconfactory, use their apps and generally their work is outstanding, but I created a forum account for the sole purpose of saying how ugly this icon is. I almost can't believe the they produced something this bad. I've seen a couple community produced icons far better than this cruddy thing. I'm actually going to the trouble of replacing this icon every time the dev build updates and I don't do this for any other piece of software I use. Really. Maybe programmers don't care, but I'm also a designer and this thing grates on me like nails on a blackboard. Please, please change it. In fact, ask for your money back from Iconfactory, or get them to do a better job.
pbhogan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion