Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

syntax selection

syntax selection

Postby vim on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:49 am

few suggestions regarding syntax selection for file types:

1. it would be useful if i could set specific files to be open with specific syntax, and not just by extension. currently i can't make sublime to remember to open makefile with make syntax, or emakefile with erlang syntax, etc.

2. the interface when choosing syntax on the right bottom panel on sublime is not easy to scroll. the mouse wheel doesn't work, and it is displayed as one big popup. it is cumbersome. i suggest at least adding mouse wheel support, if not changing it to quick-panel like solution.

vim.
vim

Re: syntax selection

Postby gpfsmurf on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:37 pm

1. it would be useful if i could set specific files to be open with specific syntax, and not just by extension. currently i can't make sublime to remember to open makefile with make syntax, or emakefile with erlang syntax, etc.

You can do this in a plugin. This is what I use: http://pastie.org/private/lkswf2vssear9txfnggh0w

2. the interface when choosing syntax on the right bottom panel on sublime is not easy to scroll. the mouse wheel doesn't work, and it is displayed as one big popup. it is cumbersome. i suggest at least adding mouse wheel support, if not changing it to quick-panel like solution.

I agree, it's not very usable. You can use the EditPreferences plugin and press ctrl+alt+shift+N to have this in a quick panel.
gpfsmurf

Re: syntax selection

Postby vim on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 am

great this solves me the problem, thanks.

here is my part:
Code: Select all
      if name.lower() == ("makefile"):
         setSyntax(view, "Makefile")
      elif name.lower() == ("emakefile"):
         setSyntax(view, "Erlang")
vim

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests