Sublime Forum

Is there any way to set fallback font for Unicode character?

I’ve noticed the latest build of Sublime Text 2 (2181) can render Unicode characters (which previously cannot) using a fallback font (on Linux). But it is using a wrong font.

Is there any way yet to force-set default fallback font for specific character range?

For example, I use “.fonts.conf” to set default fallback font for Myanmar Unicode characters on Ubuntu like this:

[code]<?xml version='1.0'?>

my myanmar3 ~/.fonts [/code]

Sublime Text 2 make my coding even more comfy and it’s the best editor I ever used. It improved build by build and I’m waiting this Unicode fallback rendering since long time ago.

Thanks

0 Likes

The short answer is I don’t know - Sublime Text asks Pango to render the glyphs, so I would expect the result to be the same as any other GTK application. Presumably the font fallback can be configured via fontconfig or similar, but I’m not familiar with the details.

0 Likes

Sorry, I’ve mistaken. It using the correct font which setting in .fonts.config. But just cannot render correctly.

So, it’s probably pango itself cannot or fail to render script with complex shaping. Here is the screenshot:

Shaping on “tab title” is a correct one.

Thanks anyway.

0 Likes

Sublime Text isn’t able to render complex unicode sequences, unfortunately.

0 Likes

Are there any plans to support this? [could there be? :smile: ]

I just ran into a bug that was caused by some additional characters on a form field that I couldn’t see in ST, and therefore didn’t know was a problem until I switched to a different editor.

0 Likes