Sublime Forum

Character's Not Appearing (Bug?)

Screenshot: d.pr/4wMD (notice the column count)

Here’s the actual text file: d.pr/hdS1

I have no idea where it came from, but this was causing this to appear in some users browsers: d.pr/SvEo

Regardless, I’d hope that these characters are somehow represented in Sublime Text in the future so that I can get rid of them, wherever they come from, before users have the opportunity to report it. Even if there is no character to represent, put a little square or triangle question mark or something, anything.

0 Likes

Also have this problem when try to open a file direct from Perforce P4V, it seems he try to open from C:drive and then put the normal url like C://server-web/www/

Very annoying, have to open from explorer :cry:

0 Likes

Same problem for me - when opening any file that’s not on my hard drive (e.g. network drive) the file opens as empty.

The console reports this error: Unable to open /C/my-network-server/opt/www/alextiley/public_website/style/global.css

It looks to me as if Sublime thinks the file is on my C drive. It’s not - the full path is /my-network-server/opt/www/alextiley/public_website/style/global.css…

This has only started happening since the update yesterday.

Many thanks,

Alex

0 Likes

I should point out that this only seems to be 1 (or more) rogue characters. Files still load and work as normal; this character was just not displaying in one of my other files. Noticing it, I copied and pasted it a few thousand times into a new file for demonstration purposes.

I am not editing files on a networked drive or anything like that. This is just a character that isn’t represented, and it’s unsettling.

0 Likes

[quote=“4278”]I should point out that this only seems to be 1 (or more) rogue characters. Files still load and work as normal; this character was just not displaying in one of my other files. Noticing it, I copied and pasted it a few thousand times into a new file for demonstration purposes.

I am not editing files on a networked drive or anything like that. This is just a character that isn’t represented, and it’s unsettling.[/quote]

Seems like my issue is completely different then! I must have misunderstood your original post. Sorry for hijacking this thread - I shall create a separate one.

0 Likes

[quote=“alextiley”]

[quote=“4278”]I should point out that this only seems to be 1 (or more) rogue characters. Files still load and work as normal; this character was just not displaying in one of my other files. Noticing it, I copied and pasted it a few thousand times into a new file for demonstration purposes.

I am not editing files on a networked drive or anything like that. This is just a character that isn’t represented, and it’s unsettling.[/quote]

Seems like my issue is completely different then! I must have misunderstood your original post. Sorry for hijacking this thread - I shall create a separate one.[/quote]

Hah, no worries! I should have been clearer :wink: Good luck! Your issue sounds a lot more frustrating.

0 Likes