Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Soft undo

Soft undo

Postby jps on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:31 pm

Undo/redo in Sublime Text normally only steps through actions that modify the buffer, skipping over those that simply modify the selection. Changes to the selection are still part of the undo history, and can be stepped through using Ctrl+U/Ctrl+Shift+U (softUndo/softRedo commands). These key bindings aren't displayed in the menu, and I'm wondering if anyone has discovered them on their own.

I rarely use them myself, but did today, so it got me wondering if anyone else does :)
jps
Site Admin

Re: Soft undo

Postby gpfsmurf on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:00 pm

I do use them from time to time but they don't seem to always work correctly (or maybe I don't understand it)
They don't always record my mouse selections, but they do record each of my pageup/pagedown key presses, which is annoying.

I think it would be more useful to have a command to move the cursor back to the last modification area (and to have the ability to go forward/backward to the last/next modification area)
gpfsmurf

Postby EJ12N on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:13 pm

gpfsmurf wrote:I think it would be more useful to have a command to move the cursor back to the last modification area (and to have the ability to go forward/backward to the last/next modification area)

Amen to that :)
EJ12N

Postby CrabDude on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Related to: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9802

It is maddening to not be able to see what undo/redo are doing b/c page position / scroll is remembered, but apparently has since been updated. I think it's caused by undoing, scrolling (and clicking I think), then redo'ing. Now when you undo, it takes you to your scroll position, not the modify position and it is nearly impossible to figure out where the change is occurring...
CrabDude

Postby Clams on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 am

Did not know it exist but I needed it more than once :P
Clams

Postby jbrooksuk on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Yeah I use them every now and then. Usually after editing with multi-selections.
jbrooksuk

Postby hubert on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Yes, they are super handy when you hit Cmd-D one time too many.
hubert

Return to General Discussion