Sublime Forum

[Bug] Resizing a pane too small crashes sublime

I have a split editor. If I resize the right ‘pane’ to be too small, sublime will crash (reproduced on windows and linux).

0 Likes

Polite bump since this might have gotten lost with the post volume.

0 Likes

I’m unable to replicate this. Could you let me know which layout you’re using, if word wrap is on, and if the minimap is on. Also, at what point does the crash occur - is it immediately as you’re resizing the pane?

0 Likes

Sorry for the delay.

I have Soda Dark Theme on, 2 margin rulers, minimap, status bar, line numbers, all on. I can crash it every time with a single open file in the left pane, and nothing in the right pane. I just drag the ‘split pane handle’ to the left (sometimes back and forth once) and it will crash. I can send a screenshot of what the layout looks like.

0 Likes

I’ve had this happening for a while as well.

Minimap on, linenumbers, 2 column or 1 column layout… either by resizing the column or the window itself. It won’t happen if there is a single document and 1 column, but if there are 2 columns and a document open, or two documents open and one column it will crash every time when the window goes really small. I just updated to dev build 2220 and it is still happening.

0 Likes

This erratic behaviour with many tabs open in close quarters is still happening quite often. Very frustrating!

0 Likes

It is caused by conflicting dimensions in themes I believe. Possibly sublime trying to solve impossible math equations. If anyone experience this you should inform the theme author and/or If you have been editing for yourself and can’t figure it out I can possibly take a look if you zip’n’up your theme + user preferences and post a link.

0 Likes