Sublime Forum

Question About Tabs / Spaces Support

Hello,

Been giving Sublime a try after having used TextMate on OS X. I do have a question about Sublime and I hope you guys can help:

• Is there any way to make the tabs at the top to be smaller? I find their large size to be a bit of a waste of space on my MacBook Air’s screen. They are also a bit distracting

I’m seriously considering purchasing a Sublime license, even after having picked up a TextMate license. Just curious about the tabs

-Tim

0 Likes

If you don’t want to see them at all, you can hide them. Or if you want to see them some of the time, you can quickly toggle them via the command palette. To make the tabs physically smaller, you’ll have to edit the theme file, which is not as big a deal as it may seem. The Default.sublime-theme file controls almost every aspect of ST2’s appearance.

• To shrink the tabs’ size, go to Preferences > Browse Packages.
  • Then go to “Theme - Default / Default.sublime-theme.”
  • Then find: “class”: “tabset_control”
  • There will be a setting called “tab_height” (The default is set to 35)
  • Change tab_height to whatever you want.

That was only one question :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]If you don’t want to see them at all, you can hide them. Or if you want to see them some of the time, you can quickly toggle them via the command palette. To make the tabs physically smaller, you’ll have to edit the theme file, which is not as big a deal as it may seem. The Default.sublime-theme file controls almost every aspect of ST2’s appearance.

• To shrink the tabs’ size, go to Preferences > Browse Packages.
  • Then go to “Theme - Default / Default.sublime-theme.”
  • Then find: “class”: “tabset_control”
  • There will be a setting called “tab_height” (The default is set to 35)
  • Change tab_height to whatever you want.[/quote]

Thank you this worked perfectly. I should have done some more digging.

[quote=“C0D312”]

That was only one question :smile:[/quote]

Must have edited it after you already started to type. I answered my first question in the middle of typing the post. I originally had two. :laughing:

-Tim

0 Likes