Sublime Forum

How to install Zen Coding?

Hi all,

I’ve watched the “HTML & CSS” videos and seen that zen coding needs installing (as a plugin, if i’m correct?) for the Sublime 2 editor

Can someone please reference me to a download location for the zen coding plugin?
I’ve googled around but nothing I found…

Thanx!

0 Likes

Look in this topic https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/zen-coding-css-snippets/255/1, in some page are the link to a folder with the zen coding.

Just put this folder in the C:\Users<your user>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages
Then start using.

0 Likes

I am either retarded or blind. I have looked through that post before asking here, and only found a link to

code.google.com/p/zen-coding/
that leads me to
Sublime Text 2 (crossplatform) — external download
that leads me to
bitbucket.org/sublimator/sublime-2-zencoding

And I can’t see the plugin anywhere. Please help! What am I missing?

0 Likes

First, install Package Control (wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control). Next, use Package Control to install Zen Coding. This will also keep Zen Coding up to date if any updates are released.

0 Likes

YES, YES, YES!!! THANK YOU @wbond !!! IT WORX!!!

0 Likes

The package control host is seemingly down?

urllib2.URLError: urlopen error [Errno 64] Host is down

0 Likes

Using the package control plugin, I was able to install zen coding. I have checked in the package folder and it all seems to be there. However, if I open an html cocument, type say p and hit Ctrl+, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? am I using the wrong abbreviation expander?

Mike

0 Likes