Sublime Forum

Java, Selenium, TestNG, Maven

My current job, I am a selenium developer and am using Eclipse/IntelliJ. For web development I have started to use Sublime Text. I am wondering if there are some good plugins to help with java method completion, running maven and testng commands? I found one Java plugin but it appears to not fully work as expected for me. Thanks for any info.

0 Likes

Have you tried Display Functions (Java)? github.com/BoundInCode/Display-Functions

It should autocomplete methods. I’m still in the process of adding support for ‘import.’ I’ll hopeful get that released in the next week or so. Let me know what you think/what needs to improve.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]Have you tried Display Functions (Java)? github.com/BoundInCode/Display-Functions

It should autocomplete methods. I’m still in the process of adding support for ‘import.’ I’ll hopeful get that released in the next week or so. Let me know what you think/what needs to improve.[/quote]

I have tried it, but a lot of my methods live in other classes and the last time I tried it, it would not do them. I will check again and keep a watch out. Thanks

0 Likes

My new plugin SublimeJava does a decent job once you set your class path up right.

0 Likes

I just started to use your plugin but finding the documentation on setting up is hard to find.

What about TestNG guys? Is there an option?

0 Likes

Selenium IDE is a Firefox plugin which records and plays back user interactions with the browser. Use this to either create simple scripts or assist in exploratory testing. Selenium is a set of different software tools each with a different approach to supporting test automation. Get best Selenium training. Most Selenium QA Engineers focus on the one or two tools that most meet the needs of their project, however learning all the tools will give you many different options for approaching different test automation problems.

0 Likes