Sublime Forum

Soda Theme not working in dev build 2181

I just upgraded to 2180 (and then again to 2181), and in both of these, there went my beautiful Soda Light! Is there a new syntax for installing themes now that I’m just not seeing? Is anyone else having this problem?

My user settings reads thusly:

{ "theme": "Soda Light.sublime-theme" }
This worked fine with build 2179, but apparently does not work with builds 2180 or 2181.

(Apologies if I’m missing something obvious here!)

0 Likes

Please check that setting is in User/Preferences.sublime-settings, and not Global.sublime-settings

0 Likes

I can confirm that this theme is broken in 2181. It does not seem to honor light themes at all, in fact.

One of the things I do not understand regarding ST2 is how themes and color schemes relate. Why do we need both? They seem to interact in unpredictable ways in the preferences. Also, why can we specify color schemes from the menu bar, and not themes?

Thanks,
cf

0 Likes

Yeah, Soda theme doesn’t work for me either. I actually just posted about this as well, here: https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/soda-theme-install-not-working-please-help/4690/1

0 Likes

Strange… works perfectly fine for me…

0 Likes

For reference, here is my configuration. Win 7 Pro 64 bit, ST2 2181, installed as “portable” (no installer), Soda folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SublimeText2\Data\Packages\Theme - Soda\

My preferences.sublime-settings:

{
“color_scheme”: “Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Twilight.tmTheme”,
“ensure_newline_at_eof_on_save”: true,
“font_face”: “consolas”,
“font_size”: 11,
“theme”: “Soda Dark.sublime-theme”,
“translate_tabs_to_spaces”: true,
“trim_trailing_white_space_on_save”: true
}

Both light and dark work perfectly fine. Perhaps it is a OS specific problem?

0 Likes

As stated by jps, the theme and color scheme are generally specified in two different files.

Themes colour text within particular tabs/views - colour schemes work with the overall IDE -the tabs and sidebar etc. I suppose themes appear in the menu list because they are changed more frequently than colour schemes (and there aren’t many colour schemes to choose from …).

0 Likes