Sublime Forum

Project doesn't reload

Some times my projects reload, some times they don’t.

I have a relatively large project (around 2,900 files and 650 folders) with a few excluded folders and files from the sidebar. When I added, delete, change a file the project doesn’t update and I have to manually force it to reload.

Is there a reason for this? Is it due to the size, can I force it to reload ignoring this setting?

0 Likes

Yeah, sublime should monitor the file and reload the project when the file change.

0 Likes

Except it doesn’t properly on larger projects.

0 Likes

What OS + Filesystem? Local or network? Are any symlinks, hardlinks or junction points involved?

0 Likes

Windows 7 64Bit, connecting to a samba share on Ubuntu 11.04. Just a mapped drive.

0 Likes

The issue is almost certainly that ReadDirectoryChangesW, the win32 API function responsible for file change notifications, is unable to report notifications from samba shares.

0 Likes

I fixed this by adding

change notify = yes

to my smb.conf file :smile:

0 Likes

If I change the project file via python, the project is not reloaded. Project is a local file.

For example I add:

"folder_exclude_patterns": "Tag/.git" ],

and nothing happens.

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]If I change the project file via python, the project is not reloaded. Project is a local file.

For example I add:

"folder_exclude_patterns": "Tag/.git" ],

and nothing happens.[/quote]

Huh? The project file itself is hosted on my machine. The actual files and folders are hosted on a Samba share.

0 Likes

I was talking about the project file, not about the files in a project. whatever very similar problem.

0 Likes

I added change notify as suggested to my smb.conf

[global] usershare owner only = false #allows sublime text to update when new files appear change notify = yes

I restarted samba

sudo restart smbd sudo restart nmbd

I disconnected, restarted Vista, and reconnected to the share.

Opened Sublime Text 2 and expanded a directory tree.

On ubuntu I created a new file

touch testfile.rb

Project did not update with the new file.

Any other ideas? Any ways to troubleshoot?

0 Likes

This is fixed in 2.0 woohoo :smile:

0 Likes