Sublime Forum

Reveal in Folder on "folders" (OSX) still missing

This “Reveal in Finder” option has already submitted a while back on the UserEcho site:

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/2 … r-sidebar/

And there is even a very simple fix provided by Aaron Kuzemchak to address the issue. Could we please see this in a future dev build?

Also along these lines, another great idea which I also sorely miss from TextMate is the “Reveal in Project Tree” type functionality:

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/4 … ject-tree/

Cheers!

0 Likes

"Reveal is Project Tree is already there. Just rightclick in the editor and press “Reveal in Sidebar.”

0 Likes

I stand corrected, “reveal in sidebar” is available via the context menu on the body of the file in question. I guess I was it would be more intuitive to me if that were a context menu on the tab and the open files list, ie directly on the filename.

0 Likes

I agree with rocketman: it would make a lot more sense to me for “reveal in sidebar”, “reveal in finder”, and “copy file path” (all of which are super useful) to be available in the tab’s contextual menu. Also those commands would be a lot more discoverable if they also appeared in the File menu.

0 Likes

Just came here looking for the same thing. Previously super+ctrl+r was mapped to reveal in sidebar, but it stopped working. Not sure when that regressed, but adding this in my User keymap did the trick:

{ "keys": "super+ctrl+r"], "command": "reveal_in_side_bar" },
0 Likes

FYI, there has never been a default key bindings for reveal_in_side_bar

0 Likes

‘Reveal in sidebar’ is not available if the folder has not been explicitly added to a project. What would be useful is a command that, when executed on a file, would bring up a file system tree and scroll it to a given file. You can see this in action in Notepad++ with Light Explorer, right-click on the file system tree, select “Synchronize tree with current document”.

0 Likes