Sublime Forum

Menu entry "package settings" is missing

Hi,

I’ve installed several plugins which can be configured via the menu entry Preferences --> Package settings. But this menu entry doesn’t appear in my sublime 2 installation. Although I found several plugins in the package folder that are adding there entry to this menu. I’m running sublime 2180 on Ubuntu 11.10.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes

Packages do not automatically add entries into the menu. This must be a conscious effort on the part of the developer. If the developer does not add the menu in the plugin, it will not be there.

I hope this clears things up for you.

0 Likes

Yes, I understand that menu entries don’t appear magically in the menu. But in the case of the Sublime Linter plugin there’s a Main.sublime-menu file in the package folder defining menu entries. So I guess these entries should then show up in the menu.

0 Likes

Sorry. Should have read closer.

I have seen on some occasions, if someone poorly executes their menu file, it can affect the menu overall preventing entries from other plugins from showing up. I don’t have a sure answer for you. I have not experienced any plugin menu related issues as of late. Maybe you could try disabling different plugins and see if it starts working again.

If you are still having issues, there are a number of posts on the forum that mention reseting everything; that might help.

0 Likes

So I finally fixed this issue. The reason for the missing menu entry was a wrongly installed plugin which obviously messed up the menu structure.

0 Likes