Sublime Forum

Right Click freezing editor

Hi,
I don’t know why, sublime text 2 editor is freezing or taking more time to get menu when I right click in editor. When I right click on any other place like sidebar or title bar every where else, it is responding quickly. But when I am working on a file, select a text and right click that selection to copy instead of using Ctrl+C, it is taking ages to get my right click menu and in some cases this is freezing total editor.
Have anyone had this issue previously?
is there any fix or what could be the problem?
Can someone help me with this please ???
I liked Sublime Text 2 editor for its quick response and even bought a licence. But I am noticing something like this just recently.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Murali.

0 Likes

It’s likely a plugin - you can use sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html to verify (but backup your data directory, rather than just deleting it)

0 Likes

This is a known issue on Sublime Tortoise if you have a large repository, or a slow hard drive. If this is the plugin that is causing the issue, you can set the enable_menus option to false. wbond.net/sublime_packages/tortoise If you turn off the menus, you can still use the plugin via key bindings.

0 Likes

I have this same issue on windows 7. Thanks for the tip on revert. I had just installed it fresh since I didn’t have any settings I really needed to save.

Is there a way to track memory usage on specific actions such as select and right click to see specifically which plugin/s might be causing the issue or just install them one at a time until one of them causes the slow down?

Thanks

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue here, and I don’t have a big repository neither a slow hard drive (I’m currently working on a SSD). Please, make some effort to solve this problem!

0 Likes

Unfortunately I no longer maintain the Tortoise package. I’ll remove it from Package Control in the near future.

0 Likes

I think I expressed myself wrong, I do not use the Tortoise Package, the only package I use is SFTP.

0 Likes

You can email support@wbond.net so we can try and debug

0 Likes