Sublime Text 2 Todo Manager
Sublime Text 2 forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4491
Author: Tane Piper
Is available via the package manager for install.
Commands available through the command palate are:
* Todo: Add/Add at Line/Add at Function
* Todo: List All/Active/Done
* Todo: Open file
* Todo: Purge
All have keybindings for Windows, Mac and Linux (untested).
Adding a todo
Adding a todo is done in one simple way, but provides two convenience functions to speed up input.
The first way is to just add a todo `(Ctrl+Alt+t, Ctrl+Alt+a)` - this takes you through the following steps
1. Select a piority from A-D, or none
2. Enter the task text
3. Enter the line number `~' of the todo
4. Enter the function name '&' of the todo
5. Enter any projects entries `+` as space seperated entries
6. Enter any contexts entries `@` as space seperated entries
The line will then be appended to the bottom of the list. The two additional functions are Add-at-line `(Ctrl+Alt+t,Ctrl+Alt+s)` and Add-at-function `(Ctrl+Alt+t,Ctrl+Alt+f)` which autofill the lines or function box depending on which is selected. The function name is always the block of code you are in.
Viewing and filtering todos
Viewing todos is done throw the List All `(Ctrl+Alt+t,Ctrl+Alt+j)`, Active `(Ctrl+Alt+T,Ctrl+Alt+l)` and Done `(Ctrl+Alt+t,Ctrl+Alt+k)` commands.
When you view a list, you can navigate up and down the items. Pressing enter on any item will present the item
menu, with the following options
* Toggle done status - Change the todo display from active to done, or vice-versa
* Edit - Edit the todo in raw mode, a text box with the full todo item
* Move - Move the item up or down the list, you will be presented with Up or Down options
* Delete - Delete the item from the list, you will be asked to confirm this
To filter items, when you have a list open the command palate allows further keypresses. For example if you have the line:
* (A) Finish off refactoring ~45 +MyProject @refactor @release
If you wanted to find this item by it's line number you would type `~45` and the list will be filtered to display only
this item, or all items with a `~45` next to them.
Purge done items and opening files
Purging done items `(Ctrl+Alt+t,Ctrl+Alt+p)` removes all done items from the todo file. You will be asked before you want to do this.
Opening the file `(Ctrl+Alt+t,Ctrl+Alt+o)` opens the file as a plain text file to be edited in Sublime Text 2
In the settings file, you can change the `todo_home` option, currently set to none. This is the location you
wish to save the files - it might be somewhere like a dropbox folder.
The default folder is `$HOME/.todomanager`
Files are kept in the name format 'todo-<filename-md5>.txt' base on the current active file - this means you have a todo per file. If you want the contents of the todo file, it's best to just open it via the command.
* UI for changing priority
* Search over todo file contents
* List all todo files
* Provide way to mark source with todo information