Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2183

Re: Dev Build 2183

Postby weslly on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 pm

I've seen many closed-source projects using github issue tracker (like codekit or chocolat), maybe Jon could create one on his github account as it would be more efficient and organized than a forum...
weslly

Postby facelessuser on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:37 pm

jps wrote:btw, by private, I don't mean truly private, just that at least reading the relevant dev build thread is a pre-requisite to getting the dev build. I'm not sure there's a reasonable way to implement such a thing (especially without disabling auto updating on OS X), but restricting them to registered users at least will be a start.

I am relieved to hear this. I think you should surely reduce your stress...but the selfish side of me really does love the dev builds; I would hate to lose those, but I would certainly understand.
Last edited by facelessuser on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
facelessuser

Postby skube on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:56 pm

I really appreciate and can't wait to use the drag & drop feature! I am choosing not to grab the DEV build as to hopefully not create more noise and stress.

Btw, I think what you are able to do is simply amazing.
skube

Postby ajpalkovic on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 pm

jps wrote:That was in the good old days, when I didn't get stressed at a dev build with issues. TBH, there are too many people using dev builds, and too many of them aren't even aware of the significance of using a dev build. I suspect dev builds will have to be discontinued, and replaced with private nightly builds instead.

noooooooooooooooo, i love your dev builds :(

You could make the download link for a dev build redirect to a white page with a big red warning at the top, and then a download link and a link to the beta?
ajpalkovic

Postby C0D312 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VePxbFQ-qfw

BREAKING NEWS!!!! Jon is NOT dying (as far as I know...) so everyone can settle down and relax.

It's really funny how I posted 2 suggestions about lowering the number of dev users: (1) registered users only (2) writing documentation, but no one seemed too thrilled about writing docs.

atomi wrote:You're a lot smarter than you lead others to believe, but you do bring up some good points.

Not sure how to take this... sorry if I gave everyone the impression that I was dumb.
C0D312

Postby sublimator on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:10 am

C0D312 wrote:Not sure how to take this... sorry if I gave everyone the impression that I was dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPwM2kjAguI
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby atomi on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:28 am

C0D312 wrote:BREAKING NEWS!!!! Jon is NOT dying (as far as I know...) so everyone can settle down and relax.

God, I hope not.
But, Jon not being able to continue maintaining Sublime Text (for whatever reason) is a legitimate concern.

C0D312 wrote:
atomi wrote:You're a lot smarter than you lead others to believe, but you do bring up some good points.

Not sure how to take this... sorry if I gave everyone the impression that I was dumb.

I think it may have been just me you gave that impression to with some of your previous posts.
atomi

Previous

Return to General Discussion