Sublime Forum

Inconsistent: Scrolling, scrollbars, page+down & ctrl+end

This is perhaps a minor thing (read:no rush to fix) but it does trip me up from time to time. The issue I’m seeing (Win7 v2181) is that the scrollbars indicate there is more to the bottom of a document even though the last line number is in view. Although, you actually can’t get to the bottom with the keyboard, you can if you use the mouse and scrollbar.

Another thing seems to be inconsistent behaviour when using CTRL+Home, CTRL+End or simply Page Down. CTRL+Home then CTRL+End brings you to the last line number (although the scrollbars indicate more below, as described above). However using CTRL+Home then Page Down, it will bring you to the last line number in the middle of the viewport (again the scrollbars still indicating there is more blank area below). However using CTRL+End and Page Down will only bring to the last line at the bottom of the viewport (similar to using CTRL+Home then CTRL+End).

It just seems weird to me. Of course, ideally I think the document should end with the last line number (i.e. one shouldn’t be able to see the last line number at the top or middle of the viewport). Failing that, it should at least be consistent.

Thanks for the great work!

0 Likes

You can use the scroll_past_end setting to change this.

0 Likes

Thank you! I guess I should RTFM or RTFPrefs file. :smile:

0 Likes