Sublime Forum

[API] get status of side bar

I’m attempting to modify the SyncedSideBar plugin. It always follows file changes, even if the side bar is/was closed. I want to have it check the status of the side bar before it attempts to run the command.

I’ve looked through the API reference, scoured some other side bar related plugins, and even attempted to hack something together using viewport_extent() & visible_region() (but they aren’t affected by a toggle_side_bar call). Anyone know how I can achieve my desire?

On a side note, how I get a list of attributes from window()? Tried print, show, inspect, etc. :frowning:

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hey guys, what’s the general tech support turn around time? I haven’t purchased a license yet (does this make a difference to support times?), but am trying to help the community.

Cheers,
Tim

0 Likes

I’m usually more helpful… But I don’t think this is possible. Sorry.

0 Likes

Ok thanks. I’m guessing you’re not Jon; are you another ST dev? I’m also asking about official support - considering the tech support link on the site leads here…

0 Likes

Jon ( JPS ) usually lurks around the forum correcting all my mistakes :smile:

And no, I’m not a ST2 dev. I’m just a friendly advocate, evangelist, plugin developer, and active contributor to the Sublime Text community.

0 Likes

Okie doke. Thanks for the help. So when I register there’ll be another support channel?

0 Likes

As COD312 mentioned, there’s no API support for this

0 Likes

Ok; thanks for the reply.

0 Likes