Sublime Forum

Show tabs, white spaces, line breaks

Hi,

is there a setting to show line breaks, tabs and white spaces in the code, e.g. with a small sign?

best
christian

0 Likes

drop "draw_white_space": "all" into your preferences file.
Will show only spaces and tabs though. Probably you will be able to detect new lines by… you know… text going on the next line? :smiley:

1 Like

looking where a new line starts is not a complete solution… there are different types of linebreaks and sometimes it’s necessary to know which ones you are dealing with! Any way to detect that? (I want to find/replace away a bunch of unnecessary ones)

0 Likes

I would agree with the original poster. Having the ability to toggle between showing non-printing characters (spaces, tabs, line-breaks, and carriage returns) is very helpful, particularly when bringing in someone else’s text. iamntz wrote, “you will be able to detect new lines by… you know… text going on the next line”, but that doesn’t work so well if you have word-wrap turned on.

I need the ability to toggle show/hide non-printing characters with a key combination. This is a feature that is available in the other editors I’ve used.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

0 Likes

+1 to also show CR and LF. Or add a preference for draw_white_space_lineendings.

This is a duplicate of Forum Post - Display line endings, line by line, like in Scintilla
Also vote for this on Userecho - Is it possible to Show all characters (spaces, TABs, CR, LF, etc.)

0 Likes

Display line endings, line by line, like in Scintilla

if ur menu’s are hidden …press ctrl+sht+p
then type menu…click on toggle menu
boom…thats it menu’s will show

0 Likes