Sublime Forum

Unleash Sublime Text Hidden Power - Screencasts, Tips

call to action

mates, i think we need to give some back to jon (not just the one license we bought). if all of you that enjoy it want to keep this editor grows further, there are small things we can do.

i think this superb editor is still not known by most of the programmers. to issues this problem, i suggest to start mentioning it on every social network you are in: blogs, facebook, tweeter, wiki, forums, etc.

it is important to link between all those places and also point here - main sublime site. so if you have done such post. post the link here. i am not a google-master but it helps to link between all those posts and places: to here and between the posts. mention keywords such as: editor, modern, pyhton, customizable, plugin, textmate on windows, textmate alternative, programming, source code editor, text editor, best editor, you get the point…

if you have any other suggestions bring it on.

0 Likes

If someone’s keen they could add a wikipedia entry for Sublime - I think it could do with one.

0 Likes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_Text

feel free to give a hand there, it is my second attempt. they have deleted the first :open_mouth:

it’s also not entirely accurate - again, please help fix it, but it need to be kept ‘notable’ and not like a product marketing campaign page :unamused:

0 Likes

HELP !!

:smiley:

0 Likes

I’m trying to help out.

Quick question. Is Sublime’s implementation of multiple selections unique?

0 Likes

Wow do they want to delete that page :s

I think the big issue was a lot of things were worded, and improperly so, as if the page was an advertisement rather than for encyclopedic purposes. I think I removed everything that was causing an issue on that front although I’m not sure exactly where sources are needed and such.

Since I’ve only been messing with Sublime shortly I’ve only put up things I know to be true. If any of you guys could list off some quick features that are unique to Sublime or are big key features that’d be a big help.

0 Likes

I’m trying to keep it alive :s

The tag for speedy-deletion is marked for it sounding like an advertisement but I’ve removed all of that yet someone tacked it back on again : /

0 Likes

I think it was just the wording, I changed it but it got undone when they re-added the speedy deletion. I just fixed it again.

Any big or unique features of Sublime not on that page yet? I think it’d help if I added more stuff so the page was less barren and more informative.

That and they both edited my talk page saying I couldn’t remove the speedy deletion notice because I was the original author when I wasn’t… geniuses over there.

0 Likes

The regex key bindings may be unique? shrug

Anyway, if the wikipedians feel the topic isn’t appropriate, then perhaps just let it be, it’s no big deal.

Edit: I believe the predictive character input bindings are unique, in every other editor I’m aware of, binding to a sequence of characters will interrupt normal typing.

0 Likes

Anh probably just a quick reaction from the amount of spam and people trying to use it as an advertisement. The first incarnation sounded very much like an ad. I cited some sources and removed all the ad bits so it should be ok now.

I’m not exactly sure what the feature was that you said :s If you want to add it yourself to the page or type up a few sentences or paragraph explaining the feature I’ll add it.

0 Likes

Bah they deleted it again : / Oh well, might as well leave it be. I still don’t understand their reason for deleting it. The reason was ‘Unambiguous advertising or promotion’ although I removed anything that even hinted at that. It was strictly informal.

0 Likes

Wikipedia sometimes is very fishy, I bet you, you go to textmate page and replicate exact same thing, change couple words to match sublimetext and make it unique to sublime wiki page, they’ll put it as advertising…

0 Likes

few links to sublime text on the net. your say influence…

stevecooper.org/2008/01/28/s … or-review/
instantfundas.com/2009/10/su … ndows.html
virtual-clouds.com/2009/10/6 … ternative/
alternativeto.net/desktop/sublime-text/
wakoopa.com/software/sublime-text
tweetmeme.com/story/214052012/su … ant-fundas
facebook.com/pages/Sublime-T … 8196821695
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=828234
friendfeed.com/weloveapps/5027a1 … -love-with
stackoverflow.com/questions/1517 … map-plugin
texteditors.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Sublime_Text

0 Likes

I hadn’t seen your review before - cool stuff!

A couple of others:

samkerr.wordpress.com/2009/08/03 … xt-editor/
sulluzzu.tumblr.com/post/207771043/sublime-text

0 Likes

There’s quite a bit of activity on Twitter too: twitter.com/#search?q=sublime%20text%20editor

Does Sublime have an ‘official’ Twitter presence?

Cheers,
Mick

0 Likes

Lol, your using a unregistered version? Are you trying to get a free copy by making screencasts? :astonished:

0 Likes

Mick: There’s no official twitter presence, no - I have no idea what I’d twitter about :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I’ll try making a page again sometime later this week. There’s a sandbox area where you can start pages where the rules are less strict and you can ask other contributers for help in making the article acceptable for the site.

0 Likes

Nope LOL, I can afford the license and will buy it, I just got some other things to worry right now, money wise. :stuck_out_tongue:

It just shows how wonderful sublimetext is because you can use it as much as you like without any restrictions… thats one main reason I will get my license :smile:
heres a quote from someone in twitter lol…

Oh and on twitter I talk about sublime like crazy LOL (used to, since I havent used twitter in a while). People just don’t know what they’re missing.

When ur working on sublime, when releasing a new beta (I would like to get a txt msg for that!) or the to do list for sublime LOL whatever, twitter is powerful if u use it right… :smile:

0 Likes

@ betanews

see ( and rate/review :wink: ) fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Su … 55718643/1

0 Likes